No announcement yet.

Fake Debian Developers Try To Get Free Linux Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get how cheap people are... The games are so cheap today, since they're fairly old, that it's probably more costly to waste your time trying to fake yourself into getting key than just buying the games at a steam sale or something like it.

Comment

This ranting article is laughable. 12 people in the world tried to scam free Linux games from Valve - some people on the Internet are dicks, what a shock. This absolutely, in no way, reflects poorly on the Linux community, Linux gamers, or anyone else, except those 12 people. Storm, meet teacup.

Comment

About ads and adblock. I guess you didn't know that most of the ads which open new tabs when you first left click on the page - get blocked automatically by my antivirus eset nod32 - which means those pages are potentially harmful crap (I'm not talking of phoronix, just any other site which has more ads than content). I visit phoronix only of my phone where I don't have any adblockers. I really don't care of the traffic which these ads generate, and I'm pretty sure no-one of those who have brain never click on those ads (only accidentally) ? so place those adcraps in invisible div, so they still are loaded on my machine but I don't have to see them, as I and most of the others will never click on those ads you won't lose anything if these ads are still loaded but not visible.

Comment

What many here don't seem to realise is that what Valve is doing includes past, present, and future titles.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
            What many here don't seem to realise is that what Valve is doing includes past, present, and future titles.
            Of course, but like someone else in the thread stated: They can also retract the licenses if they see that someone isn't honest.

Comment

I have adblocker disabled here, but the ads still get blocked by ghostery.

And if you ask me to disable ghostery, you're getting a shitty laugh in response. The fact that your ads get blocked by ghostery (whose purpose is to prevent the invasion of my privacy) says more about your ads than me.

I donated in bitcoin when the option became available, but getting moral sermons about adblockers in return doesn't really encourage me to do so again...

Comment

Originally posted by pdffs View Post
                This ranting article is laughable. 12 people in the world tried to scam free Linux games from Valve - some people on the Internet are dicks, what a shock. This absolutely, in no way, reflects poorly on the Linux community, Linux gamers, or anyone else, except those 12 people. Storm, meet teacup.
                That. Plus what was the point in this article anyway ?*encourage more people to try?

Comment

valve can stick their drm binary shit up their fat fucking asses for all I care...

I wouldn't even touch steam if it was free... and mind you I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against proprietary software, lightworks user etc...

but digital rights management content delivery shit like steam makes me sick to my stomach... it's fucking games, GAMES and you want me to install your binary platform shit that collects information on me and my computer and shit like that? go fuck yourselves

btw I don't mind the scale 12x whatever ads but I have seen everything from microsoft to single ukrainian whores ads on this site so no wonder people are blocking them

Comment

You are right. You should protect the information about your hardware configuration with you life. Must ... stay ... secret. Nobody forces you to take part at the hardware surveys ...
                    Steam is free by the way and there are DRM free games on steam. If you buy on Humble Store you'll find the DRM free tag and you'll get steam keys. As a result you get 2 distribution platforms (both FREE) and DRM free games.

Comment

yep Kemo because you know exactly what information steam is sending to their servers.

I don't trust MS or apple shit dialing home and I'm gonna trust some 2 bit game company scan my information...

oh btw, I never used it but explain this to me: can I just download steam and install it and go straight to download the indie free games?

or do I have to install steam... then fill my personal information, make a steam account, enter my credit card details etc etc and then be able to download free indie games?

Comment

Working...
                      X