Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Dev Days Is This Coming Week

Phoronix: Steam Dev Days Is This Coming Week

Valve's first Steam/gaming development conference that will also push along Linux gaming and SteamOS / Steam Machines is in just a few days time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully someone will start asking for better open source compatibility of SteamWorks, ie. "being able to write public code that calls into SteamWorks API". I mean wtf. Do they expect every game dev that doesn't use C/C++ to write his own binding from scratch??

Comment

According to the FAQ the talks will be recorded. However whether this also means they will be publicly available remains to be seen. Lets hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by doctoren View Post
        According to the FAQ the talks will be recorded. However whether this also means they will be publicly available remains to be seen. Lets hope so.
        If not people should remind them of the openness they are talking about a lot.

Especially having Ryan Gordons talk on Valves Youtube channel would be very valuable for any developer who did not make it to the conference. It would be in their best interest.

Comment

@Michael
          No tips? No crumbs?

Bit disappointed ;P

Phoronix will be there present?

Comment

Originally posted by doctoren View Post
            I admit would like them to be public, but at the same time I can understand them not wanting to, has it is suppose to be an off the record game developer conference, out of sight of game journalist and fan, so developer can speak openly, without getting scrutinized.

Comment

Originally posted by iniudan View Post
              I admit would like them to be public, but at the same time I can understand them not wanting to, has it is suppose to be an off the record game developer conference, out of sight of game journalist and fan, so developer can speak openly, without getting scrutinized.
              I'm pretty sure the "off the records" is just so developers won't have to deal with harassing journalists at the event, but I don't think withholding purely technical talks such as SDL2/Linux porting makes much sense.

Comment

"Optimizing Linux games for AMD Graphics using GPU PerfStudio2"

no need for talk here... if one looks at their Linux driver. listening to any AMD advice containing Linux and performance optimization might be most fatal mistake one could ever make

also, clicking link on the page is far more readable than PNG

Comment

It's only going to be Recorded for the ones who miss out on sessions, It is going to be off the records under a NDA.

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
                    It's only going to be Recorded for the ones who miss out on sessions, It is going to be off the records under a NDA.
                    source?

Comment

Working...
                    X