Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Open-Source Game Engine Being Released

Phoronix: A New Open-Source Game Engine Being Released

A very promising game engine that's been in development for several years and has already been ported to multiple platforms plus the popular game consoles is set to be out under as open-source in the coming weeks. This game engine has a feature-set similar to Unity and has been developed from scratch, including the various libraries commonly needed by game engines. Read on more in this Phoronix exclusive...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, sounds too good to be true, hopefully it isn't.

Comment

Cool.

Comment

I found a screenshot

Comment

Screenshot

I found a screenshot

Comment

Did a bit of digging. This is all I've found.

Codenix es una empresa que se centra en dos grandes ramas, una muy marcada por el desarrollo y consultoria de Tecnología (Godot Engine) y otra relacionada co...

For an free project, there's been little no to no discussion about it anywhere. It doesn't look too impressive, certainly not bad. It's probably come a good way since then because the video is over 2 years old. The main advantage I see is that this seems to be easier to set up and start using. Which is nice since setting up and using OGRE/Irrlicht isn't something that someone who isn't somewhat experienced with programming can do.

Comment

If it doesn't get a good scenario to go with it, we're going to be wondering what we got so excited about.

Then again, it might be that killer Linux app.

Comment

Hi guys, here's some screenshots:

Website and source code will hopefully be available by February, If there's anything you want to know, just ask!

Comment

Originally posted by A Laggy Grunt View Post
                  If it doesn't get a good scenario to go with it, we're going to be wondering what we got so excited about.

Then again, it might be that killer Linux app.
                  What do you mean by "scenario"?

Here's the engine's website http://okamstudio.com/tech/
                  Last edited by mrugiero; 02 January 2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Very interesting, seems like something that'd be fun to mess around with.

Comment

Working...
                    X