Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.7.9 Brings Few Noteworthy Changes

Phoronix: Wine 1.7.9 Brings Few Noteworthy Changes

The latest Wine development release is now available but it's not particularly exciting the week before Christmas...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nothing about d3d command stream / csmt in the changelogs from 1.7.5 to 1.7.9. What's the status?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
      Nothing about d3d command stream / csmt in the changelogs from 1.7.5 to 1.7.9. What's the status?
      Last I heard both the command stream and the netflix patches were just being done piece-meal, one by one as they were reviewed and accepted
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        Last I heard both the command stream and the netflix patches were just being done piece-meal, one by one as they were reviewed and accepted
        I really have to wonder what the logic behind this is, as one of the biggest complaints when people discuss linux is always either "no games" or "netflix doesn't work"
        you think these things would be fairly high priority

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
          I really have to wonder what the logic behind this is, as one of the biggest complaints when people discuss linux is always either "no games" or "netflix doesn't work"
          you think these things would be fairly high priority
          Yes, part of that high priority would be to review the patches carefully and merge them in a way that they can maintained in a clean way for a long time rather that get a bunch of a patches that works for now somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
            Yes, part of that high priority would be to review the patches carefully and merge them in a way that they can maintained in a clean way for a long time rather that get a bunch of a patches that works for now somehow.
            The netflix patch is something like a year and a half old. I think that should be enough time to "review" it.

Comment

The netflix patch is something like a year and a half old. I think that should be enough time to "review" it.
              Oh sure, I am sure you are volunteering right away. Aren't you?

Comment

Oh sure, I am sure you are volunteering right away. Aren't you?
                No I paid for a copy of codeweaver's product.
                Are you?

Comment

No I paid for a copy of codeweaver's product.
                  Are you?
                  Why would I waste money on a product that I don't need? You don't see me complaining in a random forum about how long it takes volunteers to review patches either. If I am in a hurry, I would either do it myself or pay someone else directly to do it for me.

Comment

If I am in a hurry, I would either do it myself or pay someone else directly to do it for me.
                    CodeWeavers does most of the Wine developement so I think it's fair for their customer to expect them to work on things that many users want to use.

Comment

Working...
                    X