Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Laggy Grunt View Post
    Activision did what?

Wait, who's Activision, and why do I care?
    Activision is the company that tricks kids into buying a new call of duty game every 6 months and hasn't had a good game for an extremely long time.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
      Activision is the company that tricks kids into buying a new call of duty game every 6 months and hasn't had a good game for an extremely long time.
      it's also the one that publishes/owns WoW,Diablo and Starcraft

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
        it's also the one that publishes/owns WoW,Diablo and Starcraft
        Activision doesn't own blizzard, they're owned by the same parent company. Diablo 3 and modern WoW are pretty bad anyways so you aren't missing out on much.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
          Nope. Copyright is a misleading term because it's being used to mean a collection of quite different rights.

I can disagree with the part of copyright that monopolizes the copying/sharing of a copyrighted work, while still agreeing with the part of copyright that provides the protection of authorship and allows to set terms for commercial distribution.

I don't consider commercial distribution and noncommercial sharing between private individuals equal, just like I don't consider commercially publishing a book and sharing a book with your friend equal.
          Ah, so you're just a giant hypocrite.

Yawn...

I think we all knew what everybody in this whole thread was going to say before it got said.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
            Activision doesn't own blizzard, they're owned by the same parent company. Diablo 3 and modern WoW are pretty bad anyways so you aren't missing out on much.
            While technically true that Activision itself doesn't own Blizzard, Robert Kotick - CEO of Activision prior to the merger - is the CEO of Activision Blizzard, the parent company.

Comment

Originally posted by volca View Post
              1. Steping over copyright is not a valid reaction.
              Stepping over copyright is perfectly valid, especially if one doesn't believe in the concept of so-called "intellectual property".

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
                Stepping over copyright is perfectly valid, especially if one doesn't believe in the concept of so-called "intellectual property".
                It's okay to break laws as long as you don't believe in those laws? Good luck getting off an assault charge with that attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by gigaplex View Post
                  It's okay to break laws as long as you don't believe in those laws? Good luck getting off an assault charge with that attitude.
                  THIS.

Only immature brats will think that any form of disobedience should be rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
                    So using using and distributing someone else's GPL code in a closed application would be fine then in your eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                      Ah, so you're just a giant hypocrite
                      Nope. I'm entirely consistent in my beliefs.

Yawn...

I think we all knew what everybody in this whole thread was going to say before it got said.
                      No, we didn't. Only some of us like to pretend that they did because they're trying to act smarter than they actually are...

Comment

Working...
                      X