Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ioquake3 Working On A New Game Launcher

Phoronix: Ioquake3 Working On A New Game Launcher

Developers behind the ioquake3 engine that serves as the community's leading open-source fork of id Software's once incredible id Tech 3 engine are still working on new features. The latest sub-project of ioquake3 is working on a new game launcher...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Im looking forward to this.
    My problem with ioquake3 is that when I try to play the game single player the bots dont load. Cant play without bots.

Comment

Originally posted by philip550c View Post
      Im looking forward to this.
      My problem with ioquake3 is that when I try to play the game single player the bots dont load. Cant play without bots.
      Do you play on a map which has bot files compiled (.aas)? Try using the /addbot command.

Comment

why does no one talk about the id tech 4 engine any more?

all this work on id tech3, is anyone working on iodoom3 from the idtech5 engine? it compiles on everything supports higher res models and netradient and trenchbroom works with it also because it supports md3 as well as md4 models

Comment

Originally posted by dacresbu View Post
          all this work on id tech3, is anyone working on iodoom3 from the idtech5 engine? it compiles on everything supports higher res models and netradient and trenchbroom works with it also because it supports md3 as well as md4 models
          Congratulations.

Comment

that helps no one

you help none.
            perhaps my argument for expanding on the idtech4 (correction not idTech5 sorry) was unfounded but I'm still curious. Darkplaces went very far and so did but as neat as it is its character models and environments are still not using much modern graphics tech. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
              Do you play on a map which has bot files compiled (.aas)? Try using the /addbot command.
              I will try this tomorrow. I am playing the campaign or whatever its called, starting at the first arena.

Comment

Working...
              X