Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenMW 0.27.0 Introduces OpenCS, Acrobatics

Phoronix: OpenMW 0.27.0 Introduces OpenCS, Acrobatics

OpenMW is the growing open-source project seeking to re-implement Elderscrolls III: Morrowind on an open-source engine. The latest update to this open-source Morrowind remake inroduces OpenCS as an open-source way to edit the game's contents...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It will be nice if this project evolves into something more than Morrowind itself. Like bigger and more complex world.

Comment

Goal for 1.0 is all the features morrowind had. After that they plan to add features to the game engine and make modding easier.

It will be nice if this project evolves into something more than Morrowind itself. Like bigger and more complex world.
      Not asking for much. lol

The good news is that they are getting really close to version 1.0. Which means there will soon be an open source rpg game engine.
      Most likely we will just see more mods for morrowind, but there is the chance that a group could spend the time to create a total conversion, creating their own unique rpg using the game engine and their own art/sound assets.

Comment

I love Morrowind and can't wait to install it natively. Keep it up guys.

I too, would love if it went beyond the original Morrowind, but kept with lore, I would more like to see more modern things added in like rag doll physics etc.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverusiv View Post
          I love Morrowind and can't wait to install it natively. Keep it up guys.

I too, would love if it went beyond the original Morrowind, but kept with lore, I would more like to see more modern things added in like rag doll physics etc.
          I thought they did already add Rag Doll? Or was it only on the "TODO list" ? I know they talked about it in one of their past updates
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
            I thought they did already add Rag Doll? Or was it only on the "TODO list" ? I know they talked about it in one of their past updates
            I'm no expert they may have started implementing it, I was just using it as an example. I want them to enhance the world rather than create a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverusiv View Post
              I'm no expert they may have started implementing it, I was just using it as an example. I want them to enhance the world rather than create a new one.
              Fair enough, you saying that just caught my eye haha.
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                It's not within the scope of the OpenMW project to expand game content, but there are plenty of projects like Tamriel Rebuilt that are doing just that and are eagerly waiting for a stable OpenMW release.

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                Rag Doll physics is not implemented at this point, and it's not a priority before 1.0

Comment

Originally posted by werdanith View Post
                  It's not within the scope of the OpenMW project to expand game content, but there are plenty of projects like Tamriel Rebuilt that are doing just that and are eagerly waiting for a stable OpenMW release.
                  Ok, great news! I'd love to see Fallout like game as well.

Comment

Hmm... been years since I've touched Morrowind, might just have to play through it again and then play this when it gets close enough to feature-complete. Had some fun with The Elder Scrolls Online Beta last weekend too, hehe.

Comment

Working...
                    X