Project CARS Will Be Brought To SteamOS / Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Damn !!! This is huge news !!!

First because it's for sure a AAA game, second because with a bit of luck will be launched at same time than for PS4, Xbone and Window$ and third because it will fill a serious gap in Linux games AAA titles range because there wasn't/isn't a AAA racing game for Linux...and this title of all AAA racing titles it's the most anticipated by gamers in all platforms.

Comment

Holy crap...

Not only a racing game on Linux, but one of this calibre?! Whoa.

Comment

now I know Steam machines can compete with consoles

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          And here I thought this was about Steam having the LCARS interface...
          I thought it was about Disney Cars, the movie :P

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
            Holy crap...

Not only a racing game on Linux, but one of this calibre?! Whoa.
            +1

I have been waiting for this for ages and getting a Gran Turismo / Forza kind of title is just a dream come true. Don't get me wrong, there are nice driving games for Linux but there has never been any A grade driving game. A few years ago there was Racer, a promising title, but its Linux support was discontinued around 2003.

Now, if we could only get some advanced tools/support for PC racing wheels... I own a Logitech G27 and I know force feedback works with recent kernels, but I still see it too complicated to set up the parameters as compared to the original Logitech app. It would be sooooo nice if SDL could do that for you just like some games do in Windows (for example, rFactor 2 automatically sets the steering range and other parameters for each particular car you drive, thus giving big realism to that -for example, the game steering wheel perfectly matches that of the actual wheel movements-). I hope Valve/the SDL devs have an ace in its sleeve with regard to this...

Comment

Waiting for a november release with Steamboxes? Hopefully also with SteamVR support.

Comment

Working...
              X