No announcement yet.

Metro Last Light Now Available For Steam On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With AMD Catalyst driver 13.11b6 on a HD5870 the game is unplayable. It's probably around 8 to 12 FPS, you can't set the resolution or anything. There is just one slider for Video options. Also when you start the campaign the game asks you to adjust a slider until you can completely see 3 symbols, thing is, the whole screen never changes.

Also the keyboard layout is fixed to QWERTY (Z on a German keyboard is recognized as Y) and you can't bind the thumb button of your mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
      Also the keyboard layout is fixed to QWERTY (Z on a German keyboard is recognized as Y) and you can't bind the thumb button of your mouse.
      Ouch, that?s pretty bad . Imagine the result on a b?po or dvorak keymap?

Comment

Tested with R600

I retested the game with mesa 10, R600 and MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150. It's playable but expect a good rendering. There are no shadows no light illuminations, etc. But its playable.

Comment

Used vokoscreen to record some gameplay on my system. Had to use lower quality to avoid wierd sound delay issues.

Running Open suse 12.3 and latest steam.

Comment

it's better than expected and even beats Rage.

Comment

It's rather slow on a 7950 with latest drivers and doesn't run smooth here.
              I guess the game runs with the native screen resolution.
              The again, how can I change the resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpopper View Post
                Used vokoscreen to record some gameplay on my system. Had to use lower quality to avoid wierd sound delay issues.

Running Open suse 12.3 and latest steam.
                How did you get vokoscreen to record games, wont record gameplay with me?

Windowed maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post
                  I retested the game with mesa 10, R600 and MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150. It's playable but expect a good rendering. There are no shadows no light illuminations, etc. But its playable.
                  There is already a bug report on bugzilla: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=71239
                  I do agree with you that the game works quite smoothly but the always bright illumination does not allow for a great experience. In any case, great performance from the mesa drivers and kudos to the devs!

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
                    How did you get vokoscreen to record games, wont record gameplay with me?

Windowed maybe?
                    I use fullscreen to record. I have had a bunch of issues with that too like you. I haven't used it long enough yet to figure out all the nuances, but if I start Last Light and minimize it and set the vokoscreen option to countdown before recording and enter the game before the countdown expires it seems to work every time.

Comment

I started Metro on a HD7950 with Cat 13.11beta1 (OpenSuse 12.3 64bit) yesterday.
                      It started just fine. The graphics options are just ONE slider. It was set a bit more than half to the right by the program. With this setting the game looks ok - but with room for improvement ;-)

In principle, I bought the game to show support. Hopefully, they push the graphics quality forward.

Comment

Working...
                      X