Four New Linux Games Debut WIth New Humble Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four New Linux Games Debut WIth New Humble Bundle
    Anyone else notice that the letter I in the word "with" in the title is capitalized?

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
      Just tried the bard?s tale: needs a 32 bit libXpm.so.4 that is not packaged for Arch Linux.

Edit: ok, it?s in the AUR ( https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-libxpm/ ) but I wanted to complain.
      libXpm and libopenal are shipped in $dir/res, but the binary is compiled with rpath=./ instead of ./res (so just move the files). Furthermore, the Humble package ships the movies in .mp4 format, but the game looks for .ogv so the movies never play... You can copy those from a Steam installation, which is otherwise identical.

Comment

Green Corp
        It's "Greed Corp"...

Comment

Since when do you have to pay more than the *Linux* average for the BTA games?

Comment

Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
            libXpm and libopenal are shipped in $dir/res, but the binary is compiled with rpath=./ instead of ./res (so just move the files). Furthermore, the Humble package ships the movies in .mp4 format, but the game looks for .ogv so the movies never play... You can copy those from a Steam installation, which is otherwise identical.
            Ah thanks. The crappy mp4 movies did play for me. Maybe we didn?t get the same archive? There are two download links with no explanation of the difference; I got the second one that?s named ?.tar.gz?.
            Unfortunately the developpers assumed everyone would be using a qwerty keyboard so it?s pretty hard to configure correct key bindings.

Comment

I can't seem to get Worms to work with the steam install. Looks like the app directory is empty, and I keep getting a missing executable error message. Anyone else get this?

Comment

Hm, if you convert those videos from mp4 to ogv, would that help? The videos don't play for me. HB also offers two different files, no idea what is different though. I got TheBardsTale_Linux_1381813411.tar.gz
                Last edited by shmerl; 15 October 2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Converting videos helps (inside the movies subdirectory there):

Code:
                  for file in *.mp4; do ffmpeg -i $file -codec:v libtheora -qscale:v 9 -codec:a libvorbis -qscale:a 5 ${file%%.*}.ogv; done

Comment

Originally posted by philip550c View Post
                    I remember suse back around 2001 I think, my brother bought it, it came in a nice box with professional packaging and a manual lol
                    I remember when support meant mailing a guy in Finland who wrote the kernel. I think it was wonky memory (on school computer) that generated non-maskable interrupts. Installation was a bunch of tar files and a kernel. Then I stumbled upon a free distribution called SLS.

Comment

Originally posted by scionicspectre View Post
                      If I recall, they even had a SNES port of the first game. Considering I still find it decent today, I'm sure it was a blast back in the day.
                      I have that somewhere in my closet. The Worms SNES cart, complete with box and manual :P

Comment

Working...
                      X