Battlefield 4 Developers Would Love To Get Into Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Bioware had nothing to do with the Icewind Dale series. Nice attempt to derail the fact that BioWare hasn't made any innovation in their formulaic stories since KOTOR.
    You seem to be seriously obsessed with BioWare and their games. I wonder why?

Anyway, it's been said several times already. If you don't like a James Bond movie, don't go see the next one when it comes out. But by no means is every James Bond movie exactly the same as the previous one and therefore total crap. And all James Bond movies are a lot, lot more similar than comparing KOTOR and ME.

Comment

• Originally posted by clementl View Post
      And we were talking about Bioware deserving to perish, wich I and many people still not agree with.
      I never said BioWare deserves to perish, I said they need to change their formula. The fans that continually fund the same drivel game after game, that have convinced publishers that only these types of half-assed RPGs can be profitable, are the ones that need to perish. They are the problem. They are the ones that made original story based games like Planescape and Arcanum a thing of the past.

Comment

• I hope EA brings the superior Origin to Linux, so us Linux lovers have some nicer options. I can't say I'm dying to play another Battlefield game though.

Comment

• Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
          I never said BioWare deserves to perish, I said they need to change their formula. The fans that continually fund the same drivel game after game, that have convinced publishers that only these types of half-assed RPGs can be profitable, are the ones that need to perish. They are the problem. They are the ones that made original story based games like Planescape and Arcanum a thing of the past.
          Imho it is not the fans. It is the mainstreaming of games. Given the huge costs, you have to make them appealing to the masses. So you will end up with some cinematic action shooter game a la COD in the best case, not very original but highly profitable.

I've played the ME series myself (am a sucker for anything scifi related). And yeah, it is pretty much a more mainstream oriented KotOR clone (a very polished one though).

Comment

Working...
          X