No announcement yet.

Battlefield 4 Developers Would Love To Get Into Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you please stop feeding the fucking troll?!

Comment

Originally posted by who_me View Post
      9 years of driver issues with AMD hardware yet you still continue to buy it?! You are an idiot.
      D.F.T.T.!!

Comment

Originally posted by vyrgozunqk View Post
        I won't give a penny for a linux game, no matter how exclusive it is !
        Atleast until they fix those goddamn crappy drivers !!

With my hybrid GPU intel/amd... on windows i can play Counter-strike source with around 180+ FPS... on linux... 30 fps ?! + Lots of lagg and stutter...
        i can't play almost anything...
        This is the case for all amd based gpu's ...

I'm going to give "the finger" like Linus did, but this time for Linus/x/amd .

The operating system has only one purpose ! - to make the hardware work and communicate with the software... since linux in general has so many problems, especially in recent times... ( all wifi drivers are crap + almost all gpu drivers ( without the nvidia blob )) it can't do it's only purpose for me... so it's useless...
        I was using linux for 9 years... but no more!
        I have more than a 100+ games in steam, and i can play only 3 in playable condition!
        So either i'm buying a mac, or i preffer to give 200$ to microsoft and end all the pain, lag/desktop lag/stutter and even DE crashes...
        Either your AMD GPU is turned off under linux so the 30 fps is running off of the Intel GPU, or you are using the open source AMD drivers which is lacking a lot compared to the binary drivers. I suggest you try installing the Catalyst drivers, those should be close enough to the Windows performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
          What does this mean? Is EA going to realease Origin4Linux?
          afaik there already was a Opensource / OpenOrigin under development by one of the developers of Origin

but development unfortunately ceased (?)

anyways: I'm waiting for Origin to work on Linux again (or at least wine) so that I can play Mass Effect 3 MP on Linux <3 (which used to work in the past before they updated Origin, which is a mess, btw)

Comment

I won't give a penny for a linux game, no matter how exclusive it is !
            Atleast until they fix those goddamn crappy drivers !!

With my hybrid GPU intel/amd... on windows i can play Counter-strike source with around 180+ FPS... on linux... 30 fps ?! + Lots of lagg and stutter...
            i can't play almost anything...
            This is the case for all amd based gpu's ...

I'm going to give "the finger" like Linus did, but this time for Linus/x/amd .

The operating system has only one purpose ! - to make the hardware work and communicate with the software... since linux in general has so many problems, especially in recent times... ( all wifi drivers are crap + almost all gpu drivers ( without the nvidia blob )) it can't do it's only purpose for me... so it's useless...
            I was using linux for 9 years... but no more!
            I have more than a 100+ games in steam, and i can play only 3 in playable condition!
            So either i'm buying a mac, or i preffer to give 200$ to microsoft and end all the pain, lag/desktop lag/stutter and even DE crashes...
            Ah, stupid troll is always stupid. It seems you didn't notice OS X has far worse drivers and performance than Linux? Intel on Linux is much faster, the same about nVIDIA. If you have problems with AMD drivers don't buy AMD hardware then. I've made such trick and I'm really happy with nVIDIA. I can't wait to get Battlefield 4 on Linux.

PS. Are you sure you were playing CS with AMD GPU? Maybe it was Intel?

Comment

Originally posted by vyrgozunqk
              I'm an idiot and a troll !? - Ha, no you're the idiots probably...

Also think about for the reason of the dissapering Steam for linux userbase...
              The people tryed it based on the initial hype, posted a few bug reports and they saw that nothin's gonna change, and reverted back, because of the linux disusability...
              I second that. Stop calling anyone who does not agree with you a 'Troll'. Try to listen to them - it might be valuable sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by TuxPowered View Post
                And with NVIDIA. Its just your problem you support company (AMD) which dont know how to write correctly drivers for Linux, not an Linux issue.
                Exactly! They make great gfx cards but they don't know how to code the drivers for them. Very sad!

Comment

I agree...
                  The best game you could play with the Ivy Bridge gpu is Counter-strike source, or the source based games... but nothing more... it's a fairly weak gpu...
                  This GPU would be weak to play even Counter-Strike Global Offensive... especially with the slower intel/linux drivers, compared to the windows ones...

Probably your're playing some crappy indie games... which don't count as a games, but more for a "time killers" ...
                  Only a mouthbreathing brain midget with a learning disability would write something as monumentally stupid as that.

If you just want to play the latest cookie-cutter shooter-on-rails Gears of War #20million or whatever, sell your computer and buy an x-box or some such thing, have fun with your interactive cut scenes...

Comment

Before catalyst 12.6 my FPS were around 120, but unplayable with around 1-2 seconds of input lag...
                    This is the reason I just switched from a Radeon HD 6950 to a GeForce GTX 670. I had to leave Xfce because you need OpenGL compositing to make vsync work with NVidia, but apart from that I have no major problems anymore. I know it sucks, but AMD really isn't an option yet. They've also started to raise their prices.

Comment

I'm an idiot and a troll !? - Ha, no you're the idiots probably...
                      No, it's you. I don't have problems with games under Linux, because I don't use catalyst drivers. Smart people learn over time and I've learned to not buy AMD unless Open Source drivers are more mature. Catalyst is no option.

As i said, go and take a look at the definition of the words " Operatin System" ! - I buy my hardware based on the performance it can deliver for the money i can spare...
                      So one day i sat down and i made some calculations, that if i had **** $, i could buy this ****** amd chip, which is faster than the nvidia alternative and 150$ cheaper...
                      So when i bought my hardware and expected the OS to do it's only one, base purpose... to make it work!
                      Now we get to the level that you MUST buy a speciffic hardware(nvidia only) to make your OS work(sound a bit like apple - isn't it !? ), to hope that this OS will make your software "probably" work...
                      You've already said you were using AMD for several years, so you should know what expect from it. Futhermore, if you have problems with their drivers go to amd.com and complain there. You're just stupid troll, because phoronix isn't amd bug tracker.

I never had problems with my old radeon RV350 based...(desktop) atleast not on this level... (or my intel based laptops, but they were not for gaming)

And for the user blaming me for not installing the apropriate fglrx... I've tryed every driver from 12.x up untill now(also alpha/Betas)... everytime there is stutter and lag... if you don't belive me, go and read the bugreports at valve and amd... they are full of complaints...
                      Before catalyst 12.6 my FPS were around 120, but unplayable with around 1-2 seconds of input lag...
                      Does this forum look like an amd bug tracker? When I have a problem with motherleaking windows should I come to phoronix and complain about it?

Actually linux has cancer deep inside it's core, this same cancer blocked the proper developing of the Nvidia Optimus support too...(some of you should know what i have in mind) and this was the other reason that i didn't bought nvidia...
                      Optimus was NOT working at all in the time i bought my laptop, there was some alpha-kind of support, from Bumblebee
                      Bullshit. It's a truly Freedom OS unlike closed software. If something has a cancer in it it's closed source trash.

Anyway don't blame me for the stupidity and fanatism of some kernel developers ( almost taliban-like)...
                      And don't blame me for counting the money that i give for the performance i want... amd had the better chip for lower price point, so i bought it, and in windows i don't have any problems.
                      I preffer to use linux tought, but i can't...
                      But it seems you're just stupid fanatic. Damn troll who attacks kernel developers, because of his stupidity - you have problems with amd hardware.

Also I've posted enough bug reports and lost enough of my time, and as you know - time is money...
                      Poor stupid boy. It's not Linux fault AMD doesn't care about it's customers. However, being stupid is expensive.

Also think about for the reason of the dissapering Steam for linux userbase...
                      The people tryed it based on the initial hype, posted a few bug reports and they saw that nothin's gonna change, and reverted back, because of the linux disusability...
                      The reason was lack of games and many people were doing dual boot to play some newly available games on Linux for some time.

Comment

Working...
                      X