X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stiiixy
    replied
    Originally posted by ronybeck View Post
    Only one of the following statements will become reality. Which one do you think it will be?

I really love the Phoronix picked this as a story. Phoronix is quickly becoming Linux tabloid journalism. All it is missing is the page 3 girl. That said, I wouldn't mind a page 3 girl in Phoronix. Who is with me?
    Sorry, I'm with the girl. Get your own page 3, loser!

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    It is out now (a year later).

Leave a comment:

• borsook
    replied
    Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
    so, does this was all false?
    For now probably yes. But it was perfectly with Steam's in-home streaming. On the other hand, Valve talk about playing Civ5 on SteamOS a lot, so maybe sooner or later it will be ported.

Leave a comment:

• edoantonioco
    replied
    so, does this was all false?

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    Originally posted by tga.d View Post
    It was part of the official announcement.
    http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/
    ctrl+f Streaming
    This is over lan from another one of your computers, but it's the same idea, and could probably be extended to remote servers in the future.
    okay, I get what they are trying to achieve with that...but I still don't like it.

Leave a comment:

• AJenbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Detructor View Post
    streaming feature? Wait...is that that same stuff they[=some publishers] talked some years ago about? Having a server that renders everything and your computer 'just' displays everything and forwards the input to the server again? I thought everyone agreed that that was/is bullshit?!
    It's still in buisness:
    http://www.onlive.com/

Leave a comment:

• tga.d
    replied
    streaming feature? Wait...is that that same stuff they[=some publishers] talked some years ago about? Having a server that renders everything and your computer 'just' displays everything and forwards the input to the server again? I thought everyone agreed that that was/is bullshit?!
    It was part of the official announcement.
    http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/
    ctrl+f Streaming
    This is over lan from another one of your computers, but it's the same idea, and could probably be extended to remote servers in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    Originally posted by tga.d View Post
    Or they're referencing the streaming feature they mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• tga.d
    replied
    But what really bugs me is, that in those videos where Valve presented the Steam console, you can see Civ 5 a few times...so either they are running Windows on those machines or there is a Civ 5 version out there that runs on Linuxoid systems.
    Or they're referencing the streaming feature they mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• mmstick
    replied
    it's the 22nd, game is not there, so -> case closed.

But what really bugs me is, that in those videos where Valve presented the Steam console, you can see Civ 5 a few times...so either they are running Windows on those machines or there is a Civ 5 version out there that runs on Linuxoid systems.
    It's too soon to say that. It's only 8AM on the 22nd where I live here in the US.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X