No announcement yet.

Civilization V Might Be Heading To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever to the rumor that Batman:arkham City was comingf to Linux? I remember Michael showing of picture of it running on Linux. Also did anything materialize from Blizzard regarding Linux at all yet?

Comment

it's the 22nd, game is not there, so -> case closed.

But what really bugs me is, that in those videos where Valve presented the Steam console, you can see Civ 5 a few times...so either they are running Windows on those machines or there is a Civ 5 version out there that runs on Linuxoid systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
        it's the 22nd, game is not there, so -> case closed.

But what really bugs me is, that in those videos where Valve presented the Steam console, you can see Civ 5 a few times...so either they are running Windows on those machines or there is a Civ 5 version out there that runs on Linuxoid systems.
        It's too soon to say that. It's only 8AM on the 22nd where I live here in the US.

Comment

Or they're referencing the streaming feature they mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by tga.d View Post
            Or they're referencing the streaming feature they mentioned.
            streaming feature? Wait...is that that same stuff they[=some publishers] talked some years ago about? Having a server that renders everything and your computer 'just' displays everything and forwards the input to the server again? I thought everyone agreed that that was/is bullshit?!

Comment

streaming feature? Wait...is that that same stuff they[=some publishers] talked some years ago about? Having a server that renders everything and your computer 'just' displays everything and forwards the input to the server again? I thought everyone agreed that that was/is bullshit?!
              It was part of the official announcement.

ctrl+f Streaming
              This is over lan from another one of your computers, but it's the same idea, and could probably be extended to remote servers in the future.

Comment

It's still in buisness:

Comment

Originally posted by tga.d View Post
                  It was part of the official announcement.

ctrl+f Streaming
                  This is over lan from another one of your computers, but it's the same idea, and could probably be extended to remote servers in the future.
                  okay, I get what they are trying to achieve with that...but I still don't like it.

Comment

so, does this was all false?

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                      so, does this was all false?
                      For now probably yes. But it was perfectly with Steam's in-home streaming. On the other hand, Valve talk about playing Civ5 on SteamOS a lot, so maybe sooner or later it will be ported.

Comment

Working...
                      X