Civilization V Might Be Heading To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by who_me View Post
    I did not say that they'll never get ported but the "article" is based on what looks to be a screw-up at Amazon. Michael should know better but he never, ever,... ever checks facts. Don't get hyped by stuff you see on Phoronix is all I'm sayin'
    Michael had the rumour that steam was coming to linux correct, so cut the guy some slack.

Comment

That's just another mistake of Amazon nothing more and Phoronix again doesn't check facts. Amazon had these misinformation in other titles before. Look they list Tomb Raider Trilogy in the Linux games category.

Besides when you open XCOM Enemy Within page you won't see any mention of Linux in supported Platforms. Also that's an expansion I would thought that first the main game would get Linux version.

if you look at the other mentioned games there is no Linux in the platforms section. Those games landed in Linux Games category by mistake that's obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
        Very good news, because Civ5 and UFO are very popular games. However, I found them to be very simplified and thus uninteresting. In example civ5 is like 1/5 of Civ:CTP2. I would expect new games to be more complex.. When comes to UFO:EU it has very boring and simplified battles.
        Your opinion would sound that much more serious if you actually knew the game in question is not called UFO but XCOM

Comment

Originally posted by Bestia View Post
          That's just another mistake of Amazon nothing more and Phoronix again doesn't check facts. Amazon had these misinformation in other titles before. Look they list Tomb Raider Trilogy in the Linux games category.

Besides when you open XCOM Enemy Within page you won't see any mention of Linux in supported Platforms. Also that's an expansion I would thought that first the main game would get Linux version.

if you look at the other mentioned games there is no Linux in the platforms section. Those games landed in Linux Games category by mistake that's obvious.
          Civ 5 screenshot were placed in promotional materials for SteamOS. Treat it as a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Pahanilmanlintu View Post
            Edit: a while ago in the Steam OS wishlist thread i hoped for a wine solution baked into Steam itself, but the need for that is diminishing at an astonishing rate.
            Sorry for being harsh, but sane sane people can't hope for a wine solution ... honestly.

Comment

Not hard to believe this since SteamOS is linux. More publishers will be releasing games on Linux. I can see a lot of games that do have OSx support moving to Linux as well. ITs another game platform and almost everything Valve touches turns to gold. I know for sure I will be running SteamOS in the living room when its out, got the money put away to build an uber steam box when I see what SteamOS is most compatible with.

Comment

So yeah, again, streaming? It's the big thing no one seems to remember about this unit.
                Hi

Comment

Originally posted by borsook View Post
                  Your opinion would sound that much more serious if you actually knew the game in question is not called UFO but XCOM
                  Oops, indeed! I have this game, but I was always calling it like that. Probably due to nostalgia.

Comment

I'm suprised Amazon didn't know there is already a linux version it's been listed on amazon for months! http://www.amazon.com/Sid-Meiers-Civ.../dp/B003O6EFW6

Comment

Originally posted by Noriandir View Post
                      It's good to see more and more publishers starting to support Linux. I'll be definitely trying Civ V there.
                      Currently my only concern and reason for almost not playing anything on my Steam for linux, is graphics drivers. I have a laptop with ATI + Intel graphics and I have problems putting the ATI card to work (forget about catalyst) and the Intel performance isn't that great, so even having about 15 games playable on linux, I still have to use windows in order to play them decently... =/
                      Never buy ATI cards if you are going to use Linux - I have 3 Nvidia devices, one Nvidia/Intel and one Intel GPU-s - no problems running Linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X