• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaniac
    replied
    It's your choice, but...

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Almost as good a read as this and just as reliable as this. You ought to know better by now.
    The post on the least-reliable-website-in-the-world contains information on the Wednesday and Friday updates to Valve's website. In just a couple hours, if the website reveals the Steambox reference specs, you may want to go read that 4chan post.

Leave a comment:

• DebianLinuxero
    replied
    Steam = annoining Internet based DRM = game as a service (until service quits)

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    No hopes, since it doesn't seem to affect me in any way so far. Not interested in DRM platforms.

I think the same way.

But in the long run it'll affect us.

Because if Steam becomes the defacto standard for Linux games, then we'll forget to see propietary Linux games DRM-free (as it happend until now).

Leave a comment:

• ArneBab
    replied
    My hope is that this will get more game developers working on GNU/Linux ports, so they experience firsthand the positive sides of free software.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    From http://repo.steampowered.com/hometes...amd64/Packages it looks like it's using Ubuntu 12.04, X.org and nVidia/AMDs blobs.

I look forward to having a broken console every time I update my GPU drivers!

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    Originally posted by forgiver View Post
    You missed out. It was a good read.
    Almost as good a read as this and just as reliable as this. You ought to know better by now.

Leave a comment:

• mitcoes
    replied
    200 USD can be

Today I have just read about 1 online TB FREE FOR LIFE from spotbros

So perhaps with a small 64 Gb SDD plus 4Gb of RAM and the 100 USD Intel Atom box ...

You can have a pretty good 200 USD gaming console

But AMD with their SoCs also can do that price and AMD is the same hardware than consoles

Of course this 200 USD box would be a cheap minimum specs that would be so good that ...

perhaps would end at some desktops as PCs

Leave a comment:

• forgiver
    replied
    Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
    I got as far as then closed the browser window.
    You missed out. It was a good read.

Leave a comment:

• BreezeDM
    replied
    Originally posted by Figueiredo View Post
    I got as far as
    A supposed Valve Software employee has jumped on popular site 4chan
    then closed the browser window.

Leave a comment:

• Figueiredo
    replied
    The plot thickens

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by Figueiredo View Post
    It seemes AMD has some new interesting linux anouncement on the Hawaii event later today. Coincidentally, the same day of the second Valve Steambox anoucement.
    I edited my previous post with some info about it....but after all i was based in a Tweet from 7 days ago and i remove it because i started to think was related to Monday announcement...but yeah, itwas based in a Tweet from someone from AMD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X