What's Your Hopes From Valve's SteamOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b15hop View Post
    Arch breaks things easily when piling up changes. I honestly think it breaks a little too easy when doing it that way. I guess on the pro side, it's great for keeping up to date with all the latest and greatest. I love arch linux and I love pacman, but it's not invincible.
    I know it breaks easily if you let changes pile up. Even though I don't use it, a dear friend of mine uses it as his main distro, and we always talk this kind of stuff (yeah, we are a bunch of nerds, so what? ). My point is, you choose to use a distro like Arch knowing it is a rolling release, so you shouldn't let them changes pile up to begin. For a rolling release, I think it's a damn good assumption that users upgrade often, and it being advanced makes a good assumption that the same will read about possible breakages before updating and will try and avoid problems.

EDIT: Anyway, on topic, I agree that it would be a bad idea to base SteamOS on it, since SteamOS is tailored to casual and hardcore gamers, which are not necessarily advanced users.

Comment

Working...
    X