No announcement yet.

The SteamBox Countdown Is Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Valve contributes the improvements to upstream, that is all.

Comment

I have very mixed feelings on this.....

I feel this is both good and bad for the linux community, but I don't know the words to describe my quandary.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
        Like I said before, Gaben himself said that they certainly already improved the situation for Infinity Ward with regard to Linux!

Probably the CryEngine is next for official Linux support...
        When did Gabe say that?

Comment

The change log of the beta client said that there were new features added, but didn't list what they were. Apparently Spotify integration is one of those, according to the SteamDB Twitter account (which is not affiliated with Valve).

Comment

Will there be a version for developers?

Comment

Valve has lifted the lid on Steam OS - a Linux-powered operating system designed 'for the TV and the living room' based around Steam.

"Although not confirmed by Valve, we?ve been told that Steam OS is based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS."

Ubuntu... why, just why? There should be still time to revert the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/09/v...nounce-steamos

"Although not confirmed by Valve, we?ve been told that Steam OS is based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS."

Oh ffs. Stop with the hate. Ubuntu deserves more than that.

Comment

Ubuntu... why, just why?
                  Why not?

They have been working on Ubuntu for a long time
                  Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Don't be a fanboy.

And do we really need BO$$ to come in here and school you on the virtues of Ubuntu?

Comment

Because Ubuntu it is the best and most used distro of the planet.

Comment

Working...
                      X