Valve Launches Countdown For SteamBox News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Micket View Post
    Going by all the indications so far, it's going to be an xinput compatible controller, as that's what they are already using for big picture mode. E.g. Xbox360 controller or Logitech F310 will work. The selection of buttons will likely to exactly that.
    Oh hell no!

This will just give game developers another excuse to assume everyone uses an xbox controller, and the onslaught of shitty controllers will continue... I DESPISE xbox controllers, and xinput is just another microsoft interface implementing their EEE strategy - what the hell was wrong with sticking with the standard PC gamepad standard? Nothing, they just needed a way to monopolize gamepads like they do everything else... Soon, we're going to have more games that won't even be playable without an xbox controller.

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
      We are talking about the SteamBox here...not Nintendo WiiU
      I hope that's not a dig at the awesome Mario Kart series!

Comment

Originally posted by Nevertime View Post
        I hope that's not a dig at the awesome Mario Kart series!
        Naaaahhhh...."only" in the overall WiiU "experience"

But yes, Mario Kart and SuperTuxKart have a familiar feeling

Comment

Curious about upcoming titles, it's been a long time since my last Linux Game Publishing purchase. Tomb Raider 2013 would be cool...

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
            Naaaahhhh...."only" in the overall WiiU "experience"

But yes, Mario Kart and SuperTuxKart have a familiar feeling
            Not going to get into a nintendo vs whatever brand console argument, there's plenty of that elsewhere on the internet (BTW Nintendo rocks) but if this valve steam box does take off it'll be nice to have another console manufacturer that actually produces some noteworthy first party game, unlike the almost totally 3rd party dependant ones we have now. It might put valve in a position to scale up their company and branch out into other genre rather than just fps's.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              Link please.

Also, please everyone, don't expect too much or prepare to be disappointed.

- there will be three announcements next week, the first one on monday
              - it most likely will not include a Game announcement
              - it is likely that they're showing the Steam Controller and maybe, maybe a prototype of the SteamBox, but don't expect anything finalized

Valve is an awesome company and they will get there, but things need time.

Comment

I'm just wondering how they want to involve the community in making the Steambox experience. Which is an awesome idea I think.
                "Soon, we?ll be adding you to our design process, so that you can help us shape the future of Steam."

Comment

Then perhaps on monday another 3 lines of text and a new 48 hours countdown?

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  http://store.steampowered.com/news/11482/

Also, please everyone, don't expect too much or prepare to be disappointed.

- there will be three announcements next week, the first one on monday
                  - it most likely will not include a Game announcement
                  - it is likely that they're showing the Steam Controller and maybe, maybe a prototype of the SteamBox, but don't expect anything finalized

Valve is an awesome company and they will get there, but things need time.
                  Good point, Then on monday it will be something relating directly to those current 3 lines of text. Then perhaps another 3 lines of text and a new 48 hours countdown?

Comment

Originally posted by Nevertime View Post
                    Not going to get into a nintendo vs whatever brand console argument, there's plenty of that elsewhere on the internet (BTW Nintendo rocks) but if this valve steam box does take off it'll be nice to have another console manufacturer that actually produces some noteworthy first party game, unlike the almost totally 3rd party dependant ones we have now. It might put valve in a position to scale up their company and branch out into other genre rather than just fps's.
                    I was just kidding about WiiU....because Mario Kart graphical style that resembles SuperTuxKart (i mean, it's a cartoon style race car game)...nothing more....nothing more than that

As for Valve make one of main suppliers of games for its own console....that reminds me Nintendo and i see why you like that idea...but i don't agree with it....yes, they can have a bunch of AAA titles for it, i also think it's a good thing, but the bulk should be 3rd party titles of several genres including racing car games a thing that's very popular for many...

Valve doesn't make only FPS...Dota2 is not a FPS...but yeah majority is FPS

I also like RTS like Company of Heroes or air simulators...racing cars was never my thing , then again , i dislike cars and only ride motorcycles and the offer for motorcycle games is pretty much pathetic and lame as sim goes....i'm not only a FPS player...

Comment

What if valve will announce devkit sdk for steambox, like there are devkits for ps4 and xbox1 which both runs on pcs. I would imagine it including sdl2, minimum OpenGL version targets and maybe even OpenCL computing(maybe even cuda+physX if they are teaming with nvidia).

Comment

Working...
                      X