Valve Launches Countdown For SteamBox News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...lets go a bit crazy...

SteamBox preloaded with HL3, Dota2, TF2 and CS:GO ?

TF2 and Dota2 are already free so no loss of money for Valve/Steam...so, just add CS:GO and the exclusive_for_some_days_or_weeks HL3....

A very small investment that promote SteamBox sells (in special HL3) not to mention console coming right away with 4 games for free each one pretty good (or at least i hope so for HL3 ) in it's genre...

TF2 and CS:GO are both FPS but completely different style thanks to the cartoon-style of TF2 not only of the graphics but also action and voices...

Maybe also add a car game but Valve doesn't have one...

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
      Maybe also add a car game but Valve doesn't have one...
      SuperTuxKart!

Comment

Originally posted by FLHerne View Post
        SuperTuxKart!
        ...and with that i spilled the coffee all over the place..."thanks" ...

We are talking about the SteamBox here...not Nintendo WiiU

Comment

Meh - take out the ridiculous powerups, add more detailed car models, and no-one will spot the difference.

Comment

My guess is that the annoucement will be two fold: revealing the Steam box design and specs (for Valve's own box), including the contoller, as the main focus; then their plans to overhaul the Green Light program to include what Gabe was talking about months ago as far as getting users involved. Allowing us perhaps to take up a greater role in getting games greenlit as well as to set up our own shops on Steam which I think will be basically a glorified upgrade to the recommend feature already in place.

I don't think they will be releasing the Steam box right away or announcing any new games, though they might. I feel it is more likely they will be releasing the console for sale in a month or two after some hype has been built and as part of the final lead up to that release they will announce a new game that will launch simultaniously with the Steam box and possibly come bundled with it.

Comment

Oh, also, as far as what game might be up next, could be Cloverfield.

Comment

Gametrailers says that the announcement will be 3 fold...

Many are betting in SteamBox, HL3 and something else...that something else might be our input for console details (in witch case it won't be launched this year,) or like IanS says about overhaul of Green Light program...

not everything will be announced Monday...only 1 of the 3 will be announced Monday.

...and Yes, everybody says that in the list of announcements is HL3:

3 circles with symbols
                3 buttons in the controller witch i doubt is for real so it's simply a clue for HL3
                3 whiskers in the cat

All that in a position that marks a lambda triangle...coincidence ? maybe...or maybe not
                Last edited by AJSB; 21 September 2013, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
                  Gametrailers says that the announcement will be 3 fold...

Many are betting in SteamBox, HL3 and something else...that something else might be our input for console details (in witch case it won't be launched this year,) or like IanS says about overhaul of Green Light program...
                  If you look at the Steam page itself, there are just 3 lines of text, the first is setup, telling us Big Picture mode was done as a lead up to what is being announced next, which leads naturally into the second line that is obviously talking about the Steam box which will be the focus of the announcement. That just leaves us with the third line talking about getting users involved as a second theme to the upcoming announcement. Looking back at the various talking points Gabe has covered over the past several months the only things that make sense for the second part of the announcement are the Green Light overhaul and user store fronts. They could potentially be separate, but I have a gut feeling they will be together and make up that second part of the announcement.

The main reason people may think there are 3 things is because of all the 3s in the image, 3 speaker like circles with 3 different yet related symbols, thent he controller with 3 buttons. Personally I think they are just screwing with us to get the speculations flowing and thus adding to the hype. But you never know, could be they are going to announce a new game that is the 3rd in the series, which could be basically ANY Valve franchise at this point, lol.

Comment

Yeah they are enjoying the hype but indeed they could launch at same time than Steambox games like TF3, Portal3 or L4D3 besides HL3

In this page besides talk about this Monday announcement(s) they also have a video about some signs about Valve be working on L4D3 and HL3:

"The Steam universe is expanding in 2014," Portal and Half-Life developer says on new teaser page; first of three announcements coming Monday, September 23.

In comments there and in Gametrailers some say will cancel XBone/PS4 pre-orders if SteamBox is launched...in special if it comes with HL3

Comment

Ya, that gamespot link does lend credence to a 3 part announcement. Looking at the announcement site layout does back it up as well considering the counter is under the first of 3 circles, I am guessing Monday will just give us a small part of the picture as well as a new counter under one of the other circles, probably for wednesday, then the last part on friday. That would also mean that the symbols in the circles are probably a hint at what each announcement will be.

Comment

Working...
                      X