Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dimko View Post
    Dunno, had premium account.
    Futher more, its no longer case, now micro transactions are only for skins and premium game not affecting content.
    forgot to add, you have 'verified' option, which filters out kiddies.

Comment

Looks great. Never played the game, but i know it's popular on steam. Really just can't wait till CS:GO comes out though!

Comment

the problem with Hon is that was not noob friendly, when you were as gimp in a game you got flamed or even kicked before the game started. Cause there's a bot mode now you can try to learn before go in a real game.

Comment

The DotA 2 Linux Test Release has just been pushed for Steam for Linux.

Comment

installing now

Comment

I just got an email saying that I've been granted access to play Dota2 on Linux. My Steam client in Arch Linux is downloading "Dota2 Test" now. The only MOBA I've played is Awesomenauts, so let's see how it goes. Hopefully it's not too buggy.

Comment

It is not fully enabled yet so might not start just yet but that should be fixed soon.

There are some more known issues than with other Source games right now.

Also, please note that DotA 2 Test is a seperate release and not compatible with the regular DotA 2 that the majority/Windows users are playing, similar to Left 4 Dead 2 in its beta stage.

Comment

Originally posted by ripps818 View Post
                  I just got an email saying that I've been granted access to play Dota2 on Linux. My Steam client in Arch Linux is downloading "Dota2 Test" now. The only MOBA I've played is Awesomenauts, so let's see how it goes. Hopefully it's not too buggy.
                  I'm installing it too, but on Windows DotA2 has come out of beta, and now has a nwe player tutorial and the like.
                  Also this test build is incompatible with the public build everyone is playing. You won't be finding many other players to play with and might have to stick with bots. There might be a few hundred people online. Also I think this is the same build mac users are playing on.

Comment

Looks like it is student night at Valve.

They flagged the the windows test build as a linux test build and released it

have a look at the install directory - its the windows client

Also, the DirectX folder... WTF is that /really/ what a gamehouse has todo to ensure it is compatible... every single directx build and subbuild from DX8 shipped as part of a source game...
                    and they say OGL is bad...

Comment

Please, I am sure Valve will sort this out soon...

Also yes, every modern Windows game ships a shitload of Windows Runtime installer crap. That's why we have the Steam Runtime for Steam for Linux which everyone can rely on.

Comment

Working...
                      X