No announcement yet.

Left 4 Dead 2 Officially Released For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't show up under the "Linux" button, like so many other games that works with linux. Why is this? I know I can buy it and it will work but it's wierd it doesn't show up in the linux games listing.

Comment

The L4D 2 with the icon is the official one, but it just got a "(Beta)" mention added back to it. I tested the other one earlier, but it is a bit too much for my Intel HD4000.

Comment

Originally posted by Gps4l View Post
        I have two left for dead 2 in my library.

The second one is not installed yet, it appeared yesterday.
        And both are marked as "beta", so what's your point?

Comment

When I go to the Steam storepage for L4D2 I got 5 purchase options with MAC and WIN, not LIN???

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
            The L4D 2 with the icon is the official one, but it just got a "(Beta)" mention added back to it. I tested the other one earlier, but it is a bit too much for my Intel HD4000.
            Sir, the Intel Hd 4000 must be really crippled on linux if it isn't running properly. I have a Intel HD 4000 (ivy bridge) laptop that can play Crysis 3 on normal settings, the witcher 2 on low settings, Saints row 3 on high settings, heck there isn't even a game that it really can't play.

I play a lot of Battlefield 3 on medium settings with the Intel HD 4000, I can completely max out at 1920x1080 with all the bells and whistles enabled on Left 4 Dead 2.

It's not your hardware that is lacking, its the driver support atm.

Comment

Originally posted by ruinairas View Post
              Sir, the Intel Hd 4000 must be really crippled on linux if it isn't running properly. I have a Intel HD 4000 (ivy bridge) laptop that can play Crysis 3 on normal settings, the witcher 2 on low settings, Saints row 3 on high settings, heck there isn't even a game that it really can't play.

I play a lot of Battlefield 3 on medium settings with the Intel HD 4000, I can completely max out at 1920x1080 with all the bells and whistles enabled on Left 4 Dead 2.

It's not your hardware that is lacking, its the driver support atm.
              It also depends on how recent his kernel and mesa are.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                The article is correct. It is out of Beta.

Also, there are rumours that DotA 2 is next and coming very soon.
                sauce? a few of my mates have changed over from HoN and while I will stick with playing HoN, it would be good to play again with my beta key

Comment

Originally posted by powdigsig View Post
                  When I go to the Steam storepage for L4D2 I got 5 purchase options with MAC and WIN, not LIN???
                  It's the same for me. I wonder if this could be based on location? I've heard people mention that before. Since we're both from sweden i mean.

Anyway, you can buy the game and it will still work on linux, I did that yesterday.
                  Last edited by HappyHoward; 04 July 2013, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyHoward View Post
                    It's the same for me. I wonder if this could be based on location? I've heard people mention that before. Since we're both from sweden i mean.

Anyway, you can buy the game and it will still work on linux, I did that yesterday.
                    Same for me (from France), and also, I got the same issue with Half Life 2, I don't see the Linux icon...

Comment

@remm

Yesterday i played l4d2 with hd 4000 with linux. it works better than killing floor - kf even crashes when you want to try the new game mode with linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X