Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Port Of Dear Esther Now Available

Phoronix: Native Port Of Dear Esther Now Available

The native port of Dear Esther, a unique game powered by the Source Engine, is now available to Linux gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    For us, the most important thing is not what technology a video game is based on, but how well it works for our customers. We will be watching the results carefully!
    What? They should ask EA why they didn't hire Transgaming to ports Simcity 5 to Mac OS X. I'm afraid that people from HIB are still dreaming about selling games dedicated for Windows to Linux users? I really don't want to see CodeWeavers on the same position as Trangaming on the game market for Mac OS X.
    Last edited by gbudny; 12 June 2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Does it work for anyone with intel?

Code:
      X Error of failed request:  GLXBadFBConfig
        Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
        Minor opcode of failed request:  34 ()
        Serial number of failed request:  176
        Current serial number in output stream:  175
      I didn't find a way to find out what the numbers stand for with google (but I didn't look very long). Does it try to create a compatibility context?

Comment

Not a game

Dear Esther is not a game. Seriously, who cares about this port? What does it bring the Linux users?

However, I do look forward "Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs" made by the very same studio at Frictional Games request.

Comment

Are you this audience? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU4Dd9OCH3s

Comment

umm not on Steam yet

Comment

Originally posted by grenadecx View Post
              Dear Esther is not a game. Seriously, who cares about this port? What does it bring the Linux users?

However, I do look forward "Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs" made by the very same studio at Frictional Games request.
              Just cause its not a traditional game doesn't mean no one wants this. I have been waiting for a long time to play this natively.

Comment

You can say the same thing about Limbo, because that game wasn't interesting, but very controversial among Linux users. Unfortunately Limbo isn't available for Linux, so I had to play in this game on Mac OS X.

Seriously, people shouldn't spend the money on games ported by Transgaming or CodeWeavers to Linux/Mac OS X, because these companies they always created trash instead a great games for alternative operating systems.

Comment

Dear Esther is not a game.
                  Originally posted by gbudny View Post
                  You can say the same thing about Limbo, because that game wasn't interesting,
                  OK, who has something more stupid to say? Just say it and let us be done with it on the first topic page.

Comment

Not a fan of existentialism?

Comment

Working...
                    X