Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Now Does A-Sync Terrain Data Streaming

Phoronix: Unigine Now Does A-Sync Terrain Data Streaming

The visually-amazing Unigine Engine now supports asynchronous Terrain data streaming and other new functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Unigine Now Does A-Sync Terrain Data Streaming

The visually-amazing Unigine Engine now supports asynchronous Terrain data streaming and other new functionality...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM4NjQ
    You're spelling "asynchronous" correctly now and I'm really proud of you for that but why did you abbreviate it to "a-sync" with the dash in the title?

Comment

So, we can now have Unigine-based Minecraft?

Comment

looking at this image, seems they should focus more on helicopter itself. While terrain looks nice, helicopter is perfectly "new", clean, more like toy, then helicopter. It destroys whole demo visually. Every detail displayed on screen counts...
        Last edited by mirza; 08 June 2013, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Honestly

After using both Unity and Unigine, I find that Unigine based Games seem to run better on my Linux computers. Oil Rush looks pretty darn nice too, I think. I can't wait to see more Games using Unigine personally.

Comment

A shame the Opengl performance of Unigine is still far from being as good as the directx performance.

Comment

Originally posted by qlum View Post
              A shame the Opengl performance of Unigine is still far from being as good as the directx performance.
              As it stands now, Intel have best "their" OpenGL vs "their" DirectX performance. Its almost equal for DX11 vs OGL 4.0 ! (On Win ofc.)

So given a bit of time, and Apple development time*, we will see better performance out of binary blobs on Linux. (MESA folks alweys cook some perf improvements...)

* Since as for now OSX have bigger share of gaming market then Linux. Right now AMD+Nvidia have not real reason for caring about OGL4+ perf.
              Last edited by przemoli; 09 June 2013, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
                As it stands now, Intel have best "their" OpenGL vs "their" DirectX performance. Its almost equal for DX11 vs OGL 4.0 ! (On Win ofc.)

So given a bit of time, and Apple development time*, we will see better performance out of binary blobs on Linux. (MESA folks alweys cook some perf improvements...)

* Since as for now OSX have bigger share of gaming market then Linux. Right now AMD+Nvidia have not real reason for caring about OGL4+ perf.
                The thing is when you are using a higher end solution you will either be stuck with AMD or with Nvidea so really for any serious gamer this would still form a problem. Last time I checked open gl just gave me 19fps on the valley benchmark where the direct x11 one gave me 45.

Comment

Working...
                X