Garry's Mod Running On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IanS View Post
    I didn't; Garry did. I had to restart my machine and when I restarted my Steam client an update for GMod ran and I tried to launch it again and I got through to the main menu for the game.

If you own it and can't install/launch it, then it is probably because you didn't opt into the development beta, there was an announcement a few days back by Garry that using the secret word from the game will give you access to the new SteamPipe-based development beta. http://linuxgamecast.com/2013/05/gar...lient-support/
    I was able to select development beta without any code.

Comment

Originally posted by philip550c View Post
      I was able to select development beta without any code.
      He must of made it public within the last day or so then. When I installed I needed the code.

Just got done playing it for a bit, seems to be working quite well now.

Comment

Seems one segfault is as good as tracked down
        Code:
        #0  0xf5aa086a in _mesa_BindFramebuffer () from /usr/lib32/libdricore9.2.0.so.1
        #1  0xf77d4871 in ?? () from /home/user/steamlibrary/common/GarrysMod/bin/libtogl.so
        In mesa 9.2 it crashes when togl throws around a GL_ZERO somewhere while on 9.1 it doesn't and according to a commenter on the bugreport this is out of OpenGL spec so it would be a bug in some library not from garry but from valve:
        Posted this on Valve's bug tracker as well, since it's probably more of an issue on Valve's side of things. System info Host: home.meklu.org Kernel: Linux 3.9.3-pf x86_64 Distro: Gentoo Base System...
        Last edited by ChrisXY; 06 June 2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
          Seems one segfault is as good as tracked down
          Code:
          #0  0xf5aa086a in _mesa_BindFramebuffer () from /usr/lib32/libdricore9.2.0.so.1
          #1  0xf77d4871 in ?? () from /home/user/steamlibrary/common/GarrysMod/bin/libtogl.so
          In mesa 9.2 it crashes when togl throws around a GL_ZERO somewhere while on 9.1 it doesn't and according to a commenter on the bugreport this is out of OpenGL spec so it would be a bug in some library not from garry but from valve:
          https://github.com/Facepunch/garrysm...mment-19052329
          Yup togl isn't to spec so latest mesa or 9.2 crashes.

Comment

Working...
          X