Four New Titles Added To Humble Indie Bundle 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
    The addition of the extras was enough to put me over the edge... Now I've got even more games that I don't have enough time to finish :/
    I still have games from previous bundles that I haven't even gotten around to trying yet...

Comment

Fine i guess ill buy it then

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
        I still have games from previous bundles that I haven't even gotten around to trying yet...
        Same - I haven't got around to playing Dungeon Defenders yet, and I barely played Shank 2. I got past 3 levels in Shank 2 but didn't enjoy much - the game is well made but it isn't my cup of tea. My main complaint about it is there's too many controls for something that demands quick reflexes. There's basically 5 different attack buttons, and while their existence can be justified, that's just a little too much when you consider that you also need to worry about dodging and aiming.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Same - I haven't got around to playing Dungeon Defenders yet, and I barely played Shank 2. I got past 3 levels in Shank 2 but didn't enjoy much - the game is well made but it isn't my cup of tea. My main complaint about it is there's too many controls for something that demands quick reflexes. There's basically 5 different attack buttons, and while their existence can be justified, that's just a little too much when you consider that you also need to worry about dodging and aiming.
          I don't know, I found Shank 2 to be entertaining enough to play it through once. Maybe it's just me but I actually enjoy precise control schemes, especially since the game lets you configure the controls the way you want, and also you don't have to use every attack in every situation. I like it much better than control schemes where you have to use awkward combinations of a few buttons.

One thing I hate though, is the tendency of games these days to assume that you're using an xbox-type controller, up to the point where buttons are named according to the xbox naming scheme - what's up with that? Xbox controllers are pieces of shit, the d-pad is crap for any game requiring accurate controls, such as platformers or fighting games... In Bastion, I couldn't even configure all buttons because the game assumes an x-box controller and thus doesn't even recognize all the buttons in my generic ps-style gamepad and the game wouldn't allow using keyboard + gamepad at the same time... well, I managed to play it through anyway.

Dungeon Defenders I still haven't really tried, mainly because I can't find 3 other guys to play it with, and playing a co-op with random strangers doesn't seem like it would necessarily work out all that well...

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
            I don't know, I found Shank 2 to be entertaining enough to play it through once. Maybe it's just me but I actually enjoy precise control schemes, especially since the game lets you configure the controls the way you want, and also you don't have to use every attack in every situation. I like it much better than control schemes where you have to use awkward combinations of a few buttons.

One thing I hate though, is the tendency of games these days to assume that you're using an xbox-type controller, up to the point where buttons are named according to the xbox naming scheme - what's up with that? Xbox controllers are pieces of shit, the d-pad is crap for any game requiring accurate controls, such as platformers or fighting games... In Bastion, I couldn't even configure all buttons because the game assumes an x-box controller and thus doesn't even recognize all the buttons in my generic ps-style gamepad and the game wouldn't allow using keyboard + gamepad at the same time... well, I managed to play it through anyway.

Dungeon Defenders I still haven't really tried, mainly because I can't find 3 other guys to play it with, and playing a co-op with random strangers doesn't seem like it would necessarily work out all that well...
            I use the original xbox controller (I cut off the tip and re-wired it to be USB) so the lack of the 2nd pair of trigger buttons makes Shank extra hard. You can play DD alone, btw.

Comment

I use the original xbox controller (I cut off the tip and re-wired it to be USB) so the lack of the 2nd pair of trigger buttons makes Shank extra hard. You can play DD alone, btw.
              Yeah, but it seems kind of like a game that's designed for co-op multiplayer, the singleplayer mode doesn't seem all that interesting...

Comment

Oil rush also caught my eye. I've seen a review of "Thomas was alone" but according to the review, it was a little too easy. Most of the other games don't interest me enough, though I wouldn't say the bundle trailer does a good job at presenting them.
                Could do what many have, grab the games off the HIB and use the Steam keys to trade for other Steam games, I've seen a fair amount of that on various forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                  Could do what many have, grab the games off the HIB and use the Steam keys to trade for other Steam games, I've seen a fair amount of that on various forums.
                  I didn't know that was possible, though I assume this is before you register the Steam keys, right? Otherwise, I'd be surprised Valve would be so accepting of this (the HIB devs still get their money since you're paying them through a separate service)
                  Last edited by schmidtbag; 06 June 2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I didn't know that was possible, though I assume this is before you register the Steam keys, right?
                    Otherwise, I'd be surprised Valve would be so accepting of this (the HIB devs still get their money since you're paying them through a separate service)

Comment

Speculative comment of the year....

Comment

Working...
                      X