No announcement yet.

ET:QW Linux Demo Coming TODAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My results with the demo were not good with a AGP x1600xt running in PCI mode haha, and no the 8.41 driver doesn't work for me, plus, it wouldn't save me anyway due to the PCIE-AGP bus issue. Basically, the demo loaded up, I went with minimum settings at 640x480 because I already knew I was doomed due to the drivers situation.

So I loaded up the demo map, and I was suprised how bad minimum detail really looked in this game haha. I was running at about 10 fps. I was going to take a screenshot but when I did, it hardlocked my system. So if 8.42 is any better, and fixes my issues, I will post my results here on the day the driver comes out.

Comment

Btw. when you have got a good behaving ATI card, you just stop kdm, gdm or whatever you use, then

rmmod fglrx

and install other fglrx driver. After that start kdm/gdm again and it works. Only on my new system that does not work... When you switch from standard driver you do instead:

rmmod radeon drm

The same trick works for switching nvidia drivers, there you do of course:

rmmod nvidia

Comment

So how does one measure FPS on linux.Does ETQW have a integrated benchmark or do you use something like FRAPS?

Comment

Well look at my post here:

to use a timedemo or to show current fps you can use:

+com_showFPS 1

as startup option or you press ctrl+alt+~ and enter just

com_showFPS 1

in the console. A similar thing is possible for UT, there you press TAB and then

stat fps

Comment

And how do i get avg FPS. does ETQW log the FPS in some file so i can calculate it?

Comment

See the post above for FPS info: http://phoronix.com/forums/showpost....6&postcount=34
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

i've seen all this before but current fps doesnt help me calculate avg fps unless its logged somewhere. I did a timedemo and seems to play in between 20-65 fps 1680x1050 at max settings, no AA. Playing against the PC fps are a bit lower. dunno about online yet. I'll try on windows later. thanks for the help anyway
                Last edited by Raven3x7; 20 October 2007, 03:32 PM.

Comment

i guess i should check the console after running the demo... DUH

Comment

X2 4600 2.4ghz, X1800XT 512MB(8.41), 2GB ram 800mhz @ 1680x1050 avg FPS 31 all settings high and shaders Ultra. Map was Valley at the beginning.
                    Last edited by Raven3x7; 22 October 2007, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Good performance on my macbook pro.

Comment

Working...
                      X