No announcement yet.

Portal Released For Steam On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, something I've been wanting to play. Go Valve, go!

Comment

Wasn't there a Phoronix article saying CS:GO might be the next or be there for Linux at all? That was a while ago, where is it? And where is Portal 2, like "promised" in this article?

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
        Wasn't there a Phoronix article saying CS:GO might be the next or be there for Linux at all? That was a while ago, where is it? And where is Portal 2, like "promised" in this article?
        They also said that left 4 dead 2 was going to be out this week and now we have portal.
        I can also confirm that portal 2 is not in the linux library but maybe it will show up soon and then we can get L4D2 and CS:GO

Comment

portal

no problem using primus with nvidia 620m 319 drivers, AA enable etc works, until now (30/40 min gaming) ;p

works fine with intel hd 4000 too, 9.2dev mesa and 3.8 kernel

Comment

Some glitches...

Some minor glitches in windowed mode (which works better for me on my 1080p Nvidia Geforce 260M bearing Gentoo laptop). Some bits of the screen glitch into a different pattern for a frame or two. I'll have to retest on a certified Nvidia driver (not a beta), but I think it may be the Steam client itself as I've seen this happen to Minecraft with Steam running.

Comment

*Edit* I only see Portal one beta ATM....
              Last edited by jmcharron; 03 May 2013, 12:32 AM.

Comment

I have Portal, but I also have two Steam accounts... VALVe won't let me merge them.. I'm thinking of either changing the email and password on one and just giving the whole account away, or trying something like this: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...ring-passwords

You'd think it'd be such a simple thing, if I'd have known that everything on Steam is so.. permanent.. I would have made better choices when I was a kid. First world regrets.

Comment

Works flawlessly on my relatively powerful nvidia system, certainly 60+ fps with maximum settings; runs awfully on my trinity laptop with open source drivers (I'd say around 15-20fps or so at a guess). I'll try out fglrx and enable the console so I can see the precise FPS sometime soon.

Comment

I'm getting typical Windows 100 - 300 FPS performance from the 15 minutes or so I played. Only issue I noticed is some hitches every now and then.

That's on an i7 2700K / GTX 660 Ti (319.12).

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
                      I have Portal, but I also have two Steam accounts... VALVe won't let me merge them.. I'm thinking of either changing the email and password on one and just giving the whole account away, or trying something like this: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...ring-passwords

You'd think it'd be such a simple thing, if I'd have known that everything on Steam is so.. permanent.. I would have made better choices when I was a kid. First world regrets.
                      same here. I just don't understand why you can't change the account name or/and why you can't give away game licenses to another account.

Comment

Working...
                      X