Left 4 Dead 2 Beta On Linux Coming Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeeJee View Post
    Even more, if you open the steam store and click on the linux button it shows on the right hand side that there are 176 games for purchase on our beloved platform!
    Not quite, the Linux tab includes demos, dlc, soundtracks and trailers along with the games, so that number is artificially inflated if you just want to know the game count. If you instead use an empty search page and set the filters for games and Linux you get to see the actual count of games available for Linux.

Here is a link to the search page with the filters set: http://store.steampowered.com/search...1=998&os=linux

As you can see it is at 106 currently. Though there are some other games that are still just in beta that don't have their Tux badge yet, so the real count of games you can download/install is a little higher than that, but no where near 176 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by IanS View Post
      but no where near 176 yet.
      The 176 number comes from dlc.

Comment

I bought KF and thought it was just horrible But maybe it's just me? Anyway some graphics were messed up (missing textures) and i encountered bugs like not being able to save mouse settings as it reverts to ridicilously high sensivity between every game :/

Although I really love the fact that we have Steam on Linux now and that i could buy cool games like SS3, Anomaly Warzone etc, I really hope to see some AAA titles quite soon. Because even though they are really good games I find myself playing World Of Tanks through Wine most of the time. If Valve would get WoT to Linux at least I would be very happy (WoT in Wine actually works very well by now, but a native linux version would be just sweet!)

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
          L4D2 is also more strictly cooperative: if somebody falls down you need to go and pick them up (sometimes surrounded by zombies). Everybody can carry a medkit but they can use it on other people too, and the mechanics of the game are such that it encourages a certain amount of altruism. Killing floor just lets you give people money between waves.
          Killing Floor also has medkits that you can use on yourself and others.

Comment

It's no medkit, you carry it all the time to heal yourself or others. But healing others is faster, you can do that with 50% again, when you heal yourself you need to wait till 100% is recovered.

Comment

Not to mention that the medic thing in KF recharges. In L4D2 each player can carry a single medkit that can be used once: it takes a while to use it and you lose the ability to move whilst administering it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                It's no medkit, you carry it all the time to heal yourself or others. But healing others is faster, you can do that with 50% again, when you heal yourself you need to wait till 100% is recovered.
                Sorry. Guess I didnt know there was a difference.

Comment

Left 4 Dead 2 Beta just showed up in my game library and I'm downloading it right now!

Comment

Anybody know if Left 4 Dead will make it to Linux as well or is it just Left 4 Dead 2?

Comment

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
                      Anybody know if Left 4 Dead will make it to Linux as well or is it just Left 4 Dead 2?
                      L4D2 was updated to have all of the original content so the first game is kind of unnecessary.

Comment

Working...
                      X