X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJenbo
    replied
    Originally posted by philip550c View Post
    Yes I'm aware apogee was involved, I remember playing the games when they came out. I wasn't very clear with my post. I was questioning the I'd part.
    ID was not involved in any of the Duke Nukem games.

Leave a comment:

• philip550c
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewi View Post
    Apogee is the legal name for 3D Realms and it was known as that before 1994. I don't think ID was involved though, they developed Commander Keen, which Apogee published, but Duke was done entirely by Apogee.
    Yes I'm aware apogee was involved, I remember playing the games when they came out. I wasn't very clear with my post. I was questioning the I'd part.

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Originally posted by philip550c View Post
    id/apogee? Isnt it 3d Realms?
    Apogee is the legal name for 3D Realms and it was known as that before 1994. I don't think ID was involved though, they developed Commander Keen, which Apogee published, but Duke was done entirely by Apogee.
    Last edited by Chewi; 22 March 2013, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• philip550c
    replied
    Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    Right now off of gog http://www.gog.com/gamecard/duke_nukem_12 and then just run them in dosbox, I seriously wouldn't hold my breath for anything more than a dosbox'ed version assuming that Id/Apogee even still has that code.

Manhattan Project might be something they'd port though.
    id/apogee? Isnt it 3d Realms?

Leave a comment:

• Luke_Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    When will I be able to get the old school Duke Nukem 2D games?
    Right now off of gog http://www.gog.com/gamecard/duke_nukem_12 and then just run them in dosbox, I seriously wouldn't hold my breath for anything more than a dosbox'ed version assuming that Id/Apogee even still has that code.

Manhattan Project might be something they'd port though.

Leave a comment:

• Kivada
    replied
    When will I be able to get the old school Duke Nukem 2D games?

Leave a comment:

• AJenbo
    replied
    The steam version can plays in classic mode via DOSbox, as well as a OpenGL rendere.

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Ironically the eduke32 Gentoo ebuild bug report has been seeing a lot of activity this past week and I think it may hit the Portage tree very soon. I think it looks better than this new port.

Leave a comment:

• AJenbo
    replied
    He, I actually made a few of the graphics improvements in the HRP pack

Leave a comment:

• Plombo
    replied
    It's worth mentioning that we already have eduke32 for playing Duke Nukem 3D on Linux, both with the original appearance and with enhanced graphics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X