CS:CZ Official; More Valve Games Coming To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working fast

Valve is working fast, we are rapidly getting more and more games.

I hope to soon see Portal 2.

Comment

CS:GO! I already own it on Windows, but can't bring myself to reboot just to play CS:GO when CS 1.6/CZ/S are only an application away. Also looking forward to HL2. I only played the first one of that game, so I'm eager to play the other episodes if/when they're available on Linux. Awesome work Valve!

Comment

Originally posted by vitorgatti View Post
        They aren't in a hurry yet, but Valve needs to bring their most recent games to Linux to make it more relevant.
        Though I'm not complaining of course, since we get to have Linux ports of the games, Valve's interest IMO is not to make Linux relevant but to have their games well tested when they introduce the Steam Box. It needs to work 100% when they ship it, and a good way to do that is to drop their ports on us to iron out any rough edges.

But again: I'm not complaining :-P Sometimes ulterior motives can have awesome side effects.

Comment

I'll echo what others have said... I want Portal 2, CS:GO, and eventually HL2. I haven't managed to make time to finish Portal 2 yet, and my copy of CS:GO is sitting unused because I usually neglect to reboot to windows when I want to play something.

Now, if only Firaxis gets Civ 5 ported.... (I can dream, right?)

Comment

Isn't there like a huge Linux community in Russia? With Dota 2 ported, this could draw a lot of them,
            given the "fame" their obsession with the game has.

Also, LoL was recently ported to Mac. If it could eventually come to Linux, that'd be fucking KILLER!

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
              Now, if only Firaxis gets Civ 5 ported.... (I can dream, right?)
              Email them, post on their forums. The more noise the better.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                There was already one, I think. A Linux sale where you could buy the stuff for 30% of the price or something like that.
                Indeed, but no cs:cz, as at the time it was not on linux.

Comment

I'm actually against online games being super cheap, because that results in more cheaters. CS:GO is way too cheap IMO (they even lowered the current price below that of CS:S, 11€ vs 15€). Cheaters get banned after a month or so and they just buy a new one. They treat it like a monthly fee.

Comment

I own all of the Half-Life 2 series, all of the Left 4 Dead series, all of the Portal series, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, and DOTA2. I have owned the vast majority of them for over two years now but have never gotten around to playing them, except for Team Fortress 2 and a very small bit of Left 4 Dead on Windows 7. I now play Team Fortress 2 exclusively on Linux and have begun playing Counter-Strike: Source on Linux as well and am eagerly awaiting to play all those other Valve titles for the first time ever...on Linux! Make it so, Valve!

Comment

Working...
                    X