• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
    linux gamers are a sad pathetic bunch

throw them a 10 year

HELL 10??

like 14 year old title

CSTRIKE ANYONE?

throw them a 14 year old title and they will suck dick in bus stops just so they can buy it.

you all make me sick

get me black ops 2, then

THEN

I will consider
    As if asking for the kiddies choice #1 makes you less a sucker.

Comment

stfu faggets what do you know about games?

you merely adopted pc gaming, I was born into it, molded by it. I didn't play in a console until I was a man and by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING.

I finished half life in 1999 I played the cstrike mod before it was even 1.0, I played it all before steam.

To state that cstrike holds a FUCKING candle to mw2 or black ops is an ABSOLUTE JOKE. Fucking idiots and I was quite good at cstrike but there's no comparison to the rythm of mw, everything about MW is ages ahead of cstrike.

if crusader kings 2 is anything like the first one then it is a piece of shit LIKE YOU

the battles in ck1 were a FUCKING JOKE

even an acient aoe2 made ck look like shit

play rome or medieval2 then you will recognize a good rts...

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY RUSTLES MY FUCKI>NG JIMMIES???

THERE ARE REALLY GOOD GAMES FOR LINUX ALREADY

BETTER THAN ANYTHING IN FUCKING STEAM

but nobody bothers to even update them so they can be used

2 examples

infiltration and ja2

fuck all of yous

Comment

stfu faggets [...] FUCKING [...] Fucking idiots [...] piece of shit [...] FUCKING JOKE [...] like shit [...] MY FUCKI>NG JIMMIES [...] IN FUCKING STEAM [...] fuck [...]
        If you had used couple of more swear words, one might even think you are little bit grumpy today.

Comment

stfu faggets what do you know about games?

I didn't play in a console until I was a man
          I'd say it's time to start behaving like one then.

Comment

I can't speak for everyone but...
            ....what do you know about games?
            A bunch =)

... you merely adopted pc gaming, I was born into it, molded by it. I didn't play in a console until I was a man and by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING.
            Not sure what you're going for here but I think you mean you're pre-atari in gaming which I can respect.

...I finished half life in 1999 I played the cstrike mod before it was even 1.0, I played it all before steam.
            Yeah, I remember having cstrike lan parties, Steam seemed like mean DRM when it came out because we all needed legit copies, again I can respect this of you.

....To state that cstrike holds a FUCKING candle to mw2 or black ops is an ABSOLUTE JOKE.
            Eh, I think they mean the game play which I can actually side with. I own all the CoD games since MW. I actually liked WaW the best but just cause I like WW2 era. Doesn't matter been the same game for how many iterations now?

... THERE ARE REALLY GOOD GAMES FOR LINUX ALREADY
            World of Goo, Crayon physics,Xonotic, UrT, AoE yes all VERY good, is it a crime to want more?

...fuck all of yous
            =)

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              I didn't play in a console until I was a man
              I'd say it's time to start behaving like one then.
              I think that's a little bit too much to ask since it looks like he got to play with consoles just yesterday.

Comment

if crusader kings 2 is anything like the first one then it is a piece of shit LIKE YOU
                It's a great game. Far better than Total war series which have messed up strategic part.

infiltration and ja2
                JA2 is great, but there are some great games in steam as well: Wargame:EE which is one of the best games I've ever played.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
                  Let's break it down even smaller. The following guy had more sales on Linux than Mac, 16%. Defender's Quest

Yes more people use Windows, but when XP and 7 finally have their support ended, the people using those Microsoft platforms will be forced into using precisely what they are avoiding, the 'modern' interface. It's going to be interesting to watch if they move to Mac, Linux or suck up to Microsoft and push themselves into that new UI.

Let's say they pushed themselves into that new UI. Now after months and years of using that, they will be hooked into it by Microsoft's hooks. At that point, switching to Mac or Linux would be extremely difficult due to the extreme UI differences. It would be devastating for the future of Linux without a similar UI, that's what worries me. For Linux to have any future, the users of these OS's which support is ending, need to jump in our (Linux) lake and let their feet get wet.

That's how I'm thinking, it may be difficult for some to understand what I mean. In any case, Defender's Quest shows that there is money in the Platform.
                  It's not only about UI, but about performance as well. I suppose Mac is the slowest in graphic while Linux is the fastest when using Nvidia drivers. For example: Wargame:EE runs far better in Ubuntu than Win7 on my box. I have to note I was using different driver versions, but it shouldn't matter much in this case, because Nvidia had a lot of time to optimize their drivers for Windows and Wargame.

Comment

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
                    I guess there is going to be "big news" when Linux surpasses OS X on Steam. If the trend continues, maybe we'll know May 1st, maybe it will be a little later.
                    It's still too early to tell. I think we'll find out where Linux settles in six months or so.
                    As I posted earlier, in the couple of months following steam launching for osx, mac users made up more than 8% of it's users.
                    Last edited by Boland; 02 March 2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

There is only one truth for software development: The good program or game is platform independent. That means Operating_System independent and Instruction_Set independent. That also doesn't cost more money or development time, its a lie when you hear otherwise. For Open_Source its easy because you have the source to compile as you want, and its made with free software that can use with any OS. For Closed_Source things are a little more difficult. For OS independence its easy, you just have to use some open things like OpneGL, new graphics_engines (even if you program for D3D) they do that automatically if you want. Also you must not use Microsoft_Compilers if you want Wine to have it easy, just use Intel's for closed_C++ and Mono if you stupid enough to need NET. For Closed_Source Instruction_Set independence you need ether to have many builds (x86 and Arm are the most wanted), or you need to write to C-C++ and compile with LLVM. If i was developer, i would only program OpenGL-LLVM games, for all OS and ISA available (for example Android_LLVM). Why this isn't happening not even to the minimum? Because of a big Cartel (Mafia), with many big companies inside. They even have intrude schools and universities.

Comment

Working...
                      X