No announcement yet.

Valve Celebrates Steam For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Why does Google refuse to reference that Android or Chromebooks are Linux-based?"

He took a pull on his Shiner Bock and did something I didn't really expect.

He answered me. And I'm not going to use quotes because I didn't write it down but this is awful close:

Because Linux Users can't be trusted to behave if they are taken out into public.
    I'm not. I'm not happy at all sitting at the kid's table.  But that's where I am. And if you are a Linux user, you are too.  Bet you d...

Comment

Android doesn't reference Linux because it's trying to be it's own brand the same way Apple doesn't say "hey, we have BSD here"! I liken it to why GNU/Linux isn't the way you normally see a distro presented. such as Linux Mint, Arch Linux or Gentoo Linux. It's all about name recognition and Android sounds cooler than Android Linux... well I guess anyway, I kinda like the latter. I don't remember M$ saying it's DOS/WINDOWS!!!!

Comment

"Linux Users can't be trusted to behave" in general if you are an anarchist or anarcho-capitalist and the most linux developers and Linux users are something in this direction then your behaviour is by definition bad because our stupid society think anarchists are anomalists running in black on the streets and destroy all they can like rabies dogs...

the stupid society do not even know the difference between a anomalist and a anarchist.

But one is for sure the stupid society think that American-Liberalism is "GOOD" bit the difference between Liberalism and Anarchism is very very very small.

In fact they share all main keywords: "Freedom, self-determination, equality, self-realization of the individual and collective self-government."

In fact the word libertarian is a synonym to anarchist

But why is anarchism evil and Liberalism is good?

the answer is simple: the only difference between these 2 lines is the word "social"

Anarchism=Social=Evil
        Liberalism=Egoism=Good

Thats the KEY! ..

the Blood-line-Money-Aristocracy hate all what is Social because this means there egoism is "Evil" by definition

and only if the "Evil" is by definition "Good" they are on the good side.

because of this:

Blood-line-Money-Aristocracy=Liberalism

Anarchism=for the poor.

because of this the result is: "Linux Users can't be trusted to behave"

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
          So any torrents up yet?
          You really think those people at TPB care about you and your third-world-problems?

Comment

No, I don't expect them to care, I expect them to care about freedom and make content available for everyone.
            Why pirate games on linux only because you don't want pirate windows? this makes no sense!

If you want play pirated games fine! I fight for your freedom to do so but then please also pirate windows to!

We really have better things to do than write about pirate windows or not to play pirate games.

The "Real" Linux users try to use there computers seriously and want play games and if they want pirating anything they don't even need Linux because its within the LAW to "Pirate" Linux.

Whats next? Valve makes the games opensource and you still try to pirate it? LOL

Comment

Stop with this "third-world" bullshit.

I live in Brasil. Steam has almost every payment methods(16) avaiable in my country and currency conversion in always below current rate.

For the price of a single movie ticket I can get Trine 2, Half-file, Bastion and World of Goo (All of which I highly recommend).
              I have bought 20 games for less than a copy MW3.

If you pirate everything, why not go that extra single step and pirate your OS as well.

Comment

Propaganda

And stop with this anti-piracy bullshit. Copying is not theft. Piracy is a propaganda term. If I want to have a copy of the game with no DRM, then good for me. And if I like it, I'll pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by z0id View Post
                  And stop with this anti-piracy bullshit. Copying is not theft. Piracy is a propaganda term. If I want to have a copy of the game with no DRM, then good for me. And if I like it, I'll pay for it.
                  about propaganda I quote myself from this thread of the forum:

a little rhetoric knowledge for the people:
                  these words are synonyms:
                  Freedom Fighter (Positive) conflict party (neutral) Terrorist (negative)
                  a second example these words are also synonyms:
                  Alliance (Positive) Interest group (neutral) conspiracy (negative)
                  and its always the same: one side of the interest group call the other side: terrorist and they are always a part of a conspiracy
                  and these terrorists always call there allies a part of a Alliance and they think always they are freedom fighters.
                  this means if someone calls you a terrorist he is just a part of the other side means he is a part of the conspiracy the enemy of your Alliance and the truth is he is a terrorist against your freedom fighting.

Comment

I write code in Linux with vim, etc, and run postgresql, I use web development tools like Ruby on Rails, and it would suck having to reboot to Windows every time I want to launch a game, so it would be easier if I could just pirate the games on Linux, give them a try, and then buy them on Steam, etc.

I haven't used Windows in like 12 years, I run Linux full time (archlinux).
                    i have THE solution for you use a VM like virtual-box to emulate linux on windows then you never need to reboot.

Comment

• Originally posted by asdx
                      There's no fucking way I'm paying for commercial DRM crap.
                      give them a try, and then buy them on Steam
                      You aren't even consistent with yourself.
                      Does that makes sense?
                      No, it doesn't. But it seems that you don't care anyways. You are not anti-DRM or pro open source, you just are "I want to get that for free, give me, give me, give me!!!!!!!"

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                      about propaganda I quote myself from this thread of the forum:

a little rhetoric knowledge for the people:
                      these words are synonyms:
                      Freedom Fighter (Positive) conflict party (neutral) Terrorist (negative)
                      a second example these words are also synonyms:
                      Alliance (Positive) Interest group (neutral) conspiracy (negative)
                      and its always the same: one side of the interest group call the other side: terrorist and they are always a part of a conspiracy
                      and these terrorists always call there allies a part of a Alliance and they think always they are freedom fighters.
                      this means if someone calls you a terrorist he is just a part of the other side means he is a part of the conspiracy the enemy of your Alliance and the truth is he is a terrorist against your freedom fighting.
                      Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                      X