Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightmarex
    replied
    Android doesn't reference Linux because it's trying to be it's own brand the same way Apple doesn't say "hey, we have BSD here"! I liken it to why GNU/Linux isn't the way you normally see a distro presented. such as Linux Mint, Arch Linux or Gentoo Linux. It's all about name recognition and Android sounds cooler than Android Linux... well I guess anyway, I kinda like the latter. I don't remember M$ saying it's DOS/WINDOWS!!!!

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    "Why does Google refuse to reference that Android or Chromebooks are Linux-based?"

He took a pull on his Shiner Bock and did something I didn't really expect.

He answered me. And I'm not going to use quotes because I didn't write it down but this is awful close:

Because Linux Users can't be trusted to behave if they are taken out into public.
    http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2013/0...ids-table.html

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    so far, spend 25€... and more will come... bought Amnesia a couple of days too early...

Leave a comment:

• moilami
    replied
    Why the hate? Why you don't just enjoy the fruits and keep sitting on the fence: Certain GNU/Linux graphics drivers has become notable better because of Steam.

Leave a comment:

• TemplarGR
    replied
    I didn't know you could try out the full version too. It is a really nice development if this is happening, and i am sure a key part of the success of Valve. As i said, i used to pirate games, right now i don't because i don't game at all.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    FWIW, I wasn't aware that you could get full trials like that on Steam. Good to know.

Still wouldn't touch it since Steam is malware, but hey, they're trying to be good malware

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    When you get a game pass from a friend you can try the full game for usually 1 or 2 days. Sometimes there are free weekends to try games like L4D2 as well. I personally dislike a bit that the "default" price for many games is relatively high and you have to wait for special deals to buy em for a reasonable amount of money (interestingly the price depends on the country you live in, in Germany you pay usually 20% more than in the US but Russians get a 66% discount). Beside from that i basically like Steam supports gifts that you can give your friends (or receive of course). I did not notice of any DRM restrictions other than you can not start the Steam client on 2 systems the sam time. Without Steam Guard i have it on several systems preinstalled but can of course use only 1 at a time - basically thats fair and i hope that Valve is successfull with Linux and a possible Steambox. I hope that 3rd party games receice speed optimisations because they could be really faster compared to Win. Also the load times for Source engine games need to improve drastically...

Leave a comment:

• FutureSuture
    replied
    Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
    The fair thing would be a try before you buy model, not with a demo, but the WHOLE GAME for 24 hours. The FULL version. Let the client appraise the quality of game and make his choice if he wants to support you or not. Let him judge if the price you ask is fair or not.
    One of the reasons I love FOSS. I have a choice when it comes to compensation. I can choose to "tip" the people behind a programme if I like what they do. It's marvellous!

Leave a comment:

• Larian
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    These nutjobs are the same kind of people who join the Westboro Baptist church and go picket funerals claiming that god wants their children dead because the country is evil and supports homosexuals.

It's sickening, really.
    No, those are different nutjobs.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by vitiv View Post
    I'm really hoping these jackasses are just a vocal minority. I hope that not so many Linux users are willing to kill their nascent gaming market because they feel entitled to a 3 dollar game.
    These nutjobs are the same kind of people who join the Westboro Baptist church and go picket funerals claiming that god wants their children dead because the country is evil and supports homosexuals.

It's sickening, really.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X