No announcement yet.

Valve Celebrates Steam For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being on linux for so long, I must be out of practise, gaming. I played a few minutes of half-life and felt motion sick. That never use to happen. :S

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
      Terrorist is your fucking DRM crap.

So fuck you, pussy.
      Put your money where your mouth is, buy non-DRM games.
      Stop making excuses, pussy.

Pirated games aren't any more open than DRMed games and a good chance to come with proprietary malware.

Comment

Already generating good publicity

While playing TF2 tonight, what were people talking about?

Ways and how to install Ubuntu!

Comment

Terrorist is your fucking DRM crap.

So fuck you, pussy.
          a little rhetoric knowledge for the people:

these words are synonyms:

Freedom Fighter (Positive) conflict party (neutral) Terrorist (negative)

a second example these words are also synonyms:

Alliance (Positive) Interest group (neutral) conspiracy (negative)

and its always the same: one side of the interest group call the other side: terrorist and they are always a part of a conspiracy

and these terrorists always call there allies a part of a Alliance and they think always they are freedom fighters.

this means if someone calls you a terrorist he is just a part of the other side means he is a part of the conspiracy the enemy of your Alliance and the truth is he is a terrorist against your freedom fighting.

Comment

Also, I can't wait for Steam Linux games to start appearing in http://thepiratebay.se/. There's no fucking way I'm paying for commercial DRM crap.
            Ok, now there is finally someone who's serious about linux gaming and is really making an effort you guys only want to parasitize By not paying for the games you are making it worse or even ruining it. I bet Valve will monitor its success based on Steam's statistics. And if something is not profitable in the long run it's not worth putting effort in it. That's how it works these days.

I really want to play games on linux. I am not a gamer, I work on my computer so I really love Linux for its efficience. And for the few occasions I want to play I really don't want to pay Microsoft any penny built on software politics I despise.

So at lease I am going to support the move by paying for the games.

Comment

I can't believe people are so venomous in here. You all sound like a bunch of Richard Stallman clones.

If you don't want proprietary software on your systems at all, that's fine. Don't install or run Steam. Done.

There are tons of people switching to Linux these days because of major support like this. Even if these people will still use proprietary software, they will provide us with pressure for major companies to support the Linux platform and free software with it. On top of that, these people have moved from an entirely proprietary platform to an at least partially free software platform. In which way is this not positive?

For all the pirates in here - go fuck yourself. Either embrace the new gaming generation on your favourite platform or reject it wholly. Also, the software you'll be downloading from the pirate bay will still be proprietary.

Comment

That's fine, I don't care if the Steam games are proprietary or not, I just want the drivers and the FOSS stack to remain free and pure.
                Nothing is preventing you from not installing binary blobs. The free software drivers will continue to improve; I see no reason why they wouldn't.

Also, if you're using a Intel GPU, such as Ivy Bridge, you'll notice that Steam does not ask you to install any proprietary driver. It's simply recommending you install the most gaming-compatible driver because that's what Steam users care about. Of course you can still use Steam without installing them, and I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishayu View Post
                  Nothing is preventing you from not installing binary blobs. The free software drivers will continue to improve; I see no reason why they wouldn't.

Also, if you're using a Intel GPU, such as Ivy Bridge, you'll notice that Steam does not ask you to install any proprietary driver. It's simply recommending you install the most gaming-compatible driver because that's what Steam users care about. Of course you can still use Steam without installing them, and I have.
                  o well? I didn?t know that valve gives away a Intel system for every AMD customer for free in a exchange of old amd hardware...

Comment

Wow. You're the very first to make it to my ignore list on Phoronix. Congratulations. This is a sick attitude, you need to get yourself some help.

Comment

You seem to be very stupid. Maybe 80% of all Linux games on Steam have been in a Humble Bundle before, that means they have been available without DRM for a while. Many other games are only funny when you play em online in a team like Killing Floor, partly Serious Sam 3 and CS (S). I don't get why you don't want to pay for the extra features that Steam provides. It is certainly not impossible to replace the steam libs by stubs but you don't get the same experience - right now many games are not so expensive anyway. I personally have got no interest in most former HIB games. But if somebody wants to send me a gift of some FPS i would not say no I have got already Killing Floor, Serious Sam 3 - and bought several years ago: Half-Life and Counter Strike (1.6).

Comment

Working...
                      X