X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by dimko View Post
    I am very sad that he decided to abandon Phoronix.
    Huh? I didn't decide to 'abandon' Phoronix.

Leave a comment:

• Rigaldo
    replied
    As already mentioned, it would be cool if the way they give licenses changed. And the price. It should be beneficial for them to they make their engine more accessible.

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    Interesting news

As usual, Michael is still relevant.
    I am very sad that he decided to abandon Phoronix.

Either way. I shall receive my new mobo and CPU and will write an interesting comperation that my fellow Linux fans will be found of.
    Will post in a forum later on.

Michael, would you like to contact those dudes: ThreeGates AB Visby Sweden.

They make VERY nice looking MMORPG, with some really interesting crafting.

So far its alpha or beta stage. So far a few hours of fully playable content. very a few bugs, none too annoying or game stopping.
    I am glad I payed kick starter.

Leave a comment:

• kwahoo
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Good. Unigine and Valve are pushing AMD hard to improve their driver.
    Also Nvidia drivers sucks

Source
    There's this strange situation with OpenGL drivers ATM, especially on Linux. Strictly speaking, latest NVidia driver itself is slightly faster in OpenGL/Linux, than in Windows/D3D. However, seems that shader performance when running with it is much lower. This is the 50% speed difference people are talking about. Shader performance is largely a factor of shader compiler embedded in the driver. NVidia is working on this, and if they make it as fast as on d3d, cards like yours will probably benefit the most, due to the aforementioned bandwidth issue.

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Interestingly nobody mentions an Oilrush demo, does anybody like to buy it without testing? Would be a good candidate for Steam as well...
    I actually own it, and it's very nice...

Leave a comment:

• Kakarott
    replied
    ?crossing fingers for a new licensing model?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    lol @ 4fps @ Fermi with a tiny window. That's one heavy load.

Leave a comment:

• n3wu53r
    replied
    Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
    Oilrush is on steam, but not the linux version. But yeah, a demo would be nice.
    It shows up in my library as an installable Linux game. However like many games with existing Linux clients, it's not been enabled yet and trying to install it downloads no files, and running it says "missing executable".
    Last edited by n3wu53r; 10 February 2013, 02:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• [Knuckles]
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Interestingly nobody mentions an Oilrush demo, does anybody like to buy it without testing? Would be a good candidate for Steam as well...
    Oilrush is on steam, but not the linux version. But yeah, a demo would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X