No announcement yet.

Steam Can Now Be Repackaged In Linux Distributions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-Debian distributions should use the new .tar.gz: http://repo.steampowered.com/steam/a..._latest.tar.gz

Comment

Great to see Steam in the official Arch repos again

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        Non-Debian distributions should use the new .tar.gz: http://repo.steampowered.com/steam/a..._latest.tar.gz
        That URL is useless for source-based Linux distros because it lacks a version number.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          There's been some issues with the Steam client in terms of automation. I haven't checked in a couple weeks though to see if the issues I hit were resolved. Basically, Steam wouldn't exit cleanly after test execution.
          Thanks for the answer.

Yesterday I opened up steam, saw CS:Source was having a sale, and bought it, and it got me thinking: wouldn't it be nice if there was a site that listed promotions on linux games? It could list the HiB while they were running, and steam sales, and whatnot. That way you could have a central place to follow for all those things.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            That URL is useless for source-based Linux distros because it lacks a version number.
            What about this?

Comment

Originally posted by fa5hion View Post
              Much better, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                JUST DO IT. Even if it means doing it manually
                I am really curious to see how it runs with the open drivers.
                Seconded! Especially free driver stacks.
                Maybe it is time to emerge a steam-client-meta on my system besides my Desura. I still got that Steam account around from L4D1 and 2 on Windows. Hadn't had much time for gaming lately but anyway. One more Linux client install in their logs and statistics.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

I am more interested if there are big differences between different distro's.

I would like opensource drivers but at the moment for gaming, they are not a real option.

Serious Sam 3 is hard enough on my pc on Linux and w7, with the proprietary drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gps4l View Post
                    I am more interested if there are big differences between different distro's.

I would like opensource drivers but at the moment for gaming, they are not a real option.

Serious Sam 3 is hard enough on my pc on Linux and w7, with the proprietary drivers.
                    There should not be much difference, most distributions use same software just differently composed and have there own system management software, all Linux binderies will work on any Linux as long as all dependice are meet and ofcorse it's compiled for your archtecture.
                    Last edited by shadowriver; 08 March 2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Just for the record I try to play TF2 but mouse click don't work maybe I?m the only one with a mouse problem in steam games like TF2?

Comment

Working...
                      X