Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IanS
    replied
    Closure runs great, so that is one more game for Linux on Steam. I have Counter-Strike installing now so I can't check to see if Psychonauts installs and runs properly just yet. If anyone has tried today it would be awesome if you can update the rest of us here.

On a side note, what's with the 30 min edit time limit? Would of added this stuff to my last post but the site wouldn't let me. Oh well.

[Edit: hehe, this time I got in on time. According to this thread on the Steam forums it seems Psychonauts does in fact install and run properly through Steam on Linux. http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410...088163907171/]
    Last edited by IanS; 06 February 2013, 04:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    well, I'd think that Half-Life 2 is next up. Just like they did with CS 1.6 and HL 1.

Also another multi-platform game is currently trying to hit Steam: Vendetta Online, would be nice if some people could upvote it. -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=124255217

about csgo, it uses flash to render the hud, so i dont know if it will be ported at all
    so? Adobe Flash works under Linux since ages.

Leave a comment:

• IanS
    replied
    Looks like Closure and Psychonauts can be installed now as well. They show size data when I hit the install button anyhow. Got Closure installing now to see if it runs or not. Hopefully it doesn't end up like Cave Story+ which installed just fine but then complained about missing executable when I try to launch it.

Leave a comment:

• AnorexiasGrizzli
    replied

Also if you Google 'csgo flash hud' you will find quite a few relevant matches also i used to have a csgo server and i did quite a few custom Flash loading screens for our custom maps

Leave a comment:

• F i L
    replied
    Originally posted by AnorexiasGrizzli View Post
    about csgo, it uses flash to render the hud
    citation? I just have a hard time believing that. Why on god's green earth anyone would use Flash to render the hud in a AAA video game is beyond me.
    If it is true, I really hope they're looking into alternatives to Flash for their HUD. CS:GO is, and has always been, my #1 anticipated game for Linux (if it's in the works). It would be really sad to hear it isn't being ported due to something like that.

Leave a comment:

• AnorexiasGrizzli
    replied
    im from europe and i can see both hl1 and cs1.6

about csgo, it uses flash to render the hud, so i dont know if it will be ported at all

Leave a comment:

• ElderSnake
    replied
    I don't actually play Counter-Strike of any kind (though if they have a sale and they are really cheap I may be tempted) but this makes me so very happy. Throughout the Steam Linux beta I've noticed how many fellow users have been wanting a port of this, so it's great news and a great sign. Valve's Linux team are doing a great job.

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    I guess Half-Life and CS 1.6 is US only or something like that. 'Cos I don't get them in my list. CS:Source though, I can install.

Leave a comment:

• F i L
    replied
    Awesome Valve!

When they released CS 1.6 for Linux I bought it again and started playing for the first time in years. Awesome game, really enjoying it (even though the last update broke the sound :-/).
    I never played much of CS:S in the past, so I'm more than happy to buy this one as well. Can't wait to play! (and I really can't wait to play CS:GO, which i hope is on the way!)

Leave a comment:

• Vash63
    replied
    Plays great, too! I haven't really played Source seriously in years, can't wait for GO but Source is still better than nothing. Impressive cadence too, HL1/CS just came out!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X