Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moilami View Post
    Pfft.

They don't even try to make realistical games anymore. Your average ADHD just can't play them.

There is a reason why everything must be 'accessible' novadays.
    You're mistaken. Wargame is a VERY realistic game. It's not another stupid warcraft like RTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
      You're mistaken. Wargame is a VERY realistic game. It's not another stupid warcraft like RTS.
      Hmm, this puzzles me that you dare say so after screenshots I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
        excellent news.

though i'd be delighted if it was released on gog.
        I would love for that to happen as well but GOG still doesn't support Linux unfortunately.

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
        Ummm, I maybe wrong, but I always thought GoG was for much older games than this...
        GOG does so much more these days. Go have a look!

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
          Besides a few obvious bugs, it runs great and I'm surprised at the quality of the port.
          I agree it runs great, I don't think it's a port however. The Main developer said he develops the game on Ubuntu for all platforms, hence the Linux version exists. He even said it isn't stable and is buggy.

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
            Ummm, I maybe wrong, but I always thought GoG was for much older games than this...
            Classic game are no longer their focus, but since they enforce no DRM and same price for everyone, they tend to have harder time getting new game for distribution. But if they get a game available I buy from them, except if available through Humble Bundle (has Humble Bundle distributed game, even if not part of the Humble Indie Bundle, usually are DRM free, have Linux support, along having a steam code).

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
            I would love for that to happen as well but GOG still doesn't support Linux unfortunately.

GOG does so much more these days. Go have a look!
            CD Projekt (parent company of GOG) show interest in supporting Linux, if it is indeed in their plan to support Linux, knowing them they will bring it out with a bang (has they actually know how to use the internet has a free marketing tool), thus Witcher 3 release, which should be officially announced on the 5th, would be a good bet has the game to launch GOG Linux support.
            Last edited by iniudan; 03 February 2013, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iniudan View Post
              CD Projekt (parent company of GOG) show interest in supporting Linux, if it is indeed in their plan to support Linux, knowing them they will bring it out with a bang (has they actually know how to use the internet has a free marketing tool), thus Witcher 3 release, which should be officially announced on the 5th, would be a good bet has the game to launch GOG Linux support.
              I'd absolutely love to see it happening but given how heavy (one of the few PC games not designed for 6 year old technology, and not looking like it was) Witcher 2 was I can't imagine its successor playing nice under Linux.

That being said RED Engine was supposedly native OpenGL under OSX.

Comment

Originally posted by Kostas View Post
                I'd absolutely love to see it happening but given how heavy (one of the few PC games not designed for 6 year old technology, and not looking like it was) Witcher 2 was I can't imagine its successor playing nice under Linux.

That being said RED Engine was supposedly native OpenGL under OSX.
                I don't quite understand you, are you suggesting that Linux can't handle graphically intense games?

Comment

Originally posted by Yulike View Post
                  I don't quite understand you, are you suggesting that Linux can't handle graphically intense games?
                  The whole driver situation will turn it into a royal PITA for CDP and given their size (while big they hardly have the recourses EA/Ubi/Activision do) I couldn't fault them I they didn't try. Witcher 2's approach to technology was so different it felt a bit like the Crysis of its time.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
                    Hmm, this puzzles me that you dare say so after screenshots I posted.
                    It's more like Panthers, but in real time. I played quite a lot in Wargame and it's very polished when comes to realism. It's not perfect, but it's the one of the most realistic games I've ever played.

Comment

Originally posted by Yulike View Post
                      I agree it runs great, I don't think it's a port however. The Main developer said he develops the game on Ubuntu for all platforms, hence the Linux version exists. He even said it isn't stable and is buggy.
                      It's not a port:

Concerning the Linux version, we do have an internal version here at Eugen, as my main work machine is a Linux one, however it is not in a releasable shape.

Comment

Working...
                      X