Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89c51
    replied
    Slightly off topic but Michael weren't you supposed to be publishing some steam benchmarks? Are these comming?

Leave a comment:

• bleubugs
    replied
    Don't composite fullscreen windows

I guess that all compositor where tested without their respective option to disable compositing on fullscreen. That would explain why they are all in the same ballpark. For Enlightenment, we don't turn this feature on by default as most driver out there are buggy and I guess all compositor have the same behavior. So I recommend to go in Settings/Composite/Advanced/Memory/Don't composite fullscreen windows for Enlightenment if you want better number.

Now if you look at the number as a benchmark for just how fast compositor are at pushing frame, it is still interesting. I am wondering why some test case show E17 as been slow when other it is more at lead of other composite manager. I should spend time playing I guess :-)

Leave a comment:

• oleid
    replied
    One thing that I find interresting ist, that gnome-shell is sometimes the slowest and sometimes (one of) the fastest desktop(s) according to these benchmarks. How can that be? Shouldn't there be a uniform slowdown due to composite?

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Which parts? Might want to report those as bugs (to either mesa or stk, depending on the cause).
    This:
    OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Compared with this:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

And then results with intel:

Could someone rerun supertuxkart with current radeon on non-unity maybe.
    Last edited by dungeon; 31 January 2013, 05:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mark_
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    @mark_

XDM = X Display Manager, the original login thingy?
    yes, the plain standard easy and ugly thingy. That one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XDM_%28display_manager%29

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    @mark_

XDM = X Display Manager, the original login thingy?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    And also seems like supertuxkart have no problems with fps on intel, like radeon has - in some supertuxkart tests i see there radeon is even slower then on llvmpipe
    Which parts? Might want to report those as bugs (to either mesa or stk, depending on the cause).

Leave a comment:

• mark_
    replied
    so: the less complex the WM the more FPS. What about xdm? If Xfce gives me 10fps more than KDE and xdm gives me 10fps more than Xfce this could be totally worth it for a gaming machine. Please include xdm next time.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Nothing interesting here for me as openbox user, only seems like good prove that intel runs great across the board.

And also seems like supertuxkart have no problems with fps on intel, like radeon has - in some supertuxkart tests i see there radeon is even slower then on llvmpipe
    Last edited by dungeon; 31 January 2013, 04:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• a user
    replied
    i would also like to know if gnome shell was used with mutter or compize?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X