X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbs
    replied
    Originally posted by carbs View Post
    So how do you get access to the beta? Is it just a case of already owning a copy on Steam?
    Found the answer to my own question in the Community hub on Steam...

The Linux version of X3: Reunion has just entered public beta testing and is available to anyone owning the game.
    For technical support and news please visit: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=332472

Leave a comment:

• AJenbo
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    Can you get the installer for the game and install it without connecting to Steam? And then run it without running Steam client? If so - then indeed it doesn't enforce DRM. But I was under the impression that above is impossible.
    Steam is only always requred for the initial download.

Leave a comment:

• carbs
    replied
    So how do you get access to the beta? Is it just a case of already owning a copy on Steam?

Leave a comment:

• Nille
    replied
    As an owner of X2 and X3 in steam i'm very happy.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
    Steam don't enforce DRM usage.
    Can you get the installer for the game and install it without connecting to Steam? And then run it without running Steam client? If so - then indeed it doesn't enforce DRM. But I was under the impression that above is impossible. For example Desura offers their client as a convenient way to get updates, but you can always get the standalone installer if you need to.

Leave a comment:

• AJenbo
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    Their LGP versions are practically unusable on modern distros. Will they sell their new builds outside Steam? It's going to be really annoying if all these new ports will be distributed only through DRMed channels.
    Steam don't enforce DRM usage.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Probably built for older systems. Last time I tried - it didn't work. Example:

I can give it a try again, since Debian testing already switched to multiarch proper and it could be some x86_64 / i386 issue.

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Unusable? Why?

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Their LGP versions are practically unusable on modern distros. Will they sell their new builds outside Steam? It's going to be really annoying if all these new ports will be distributed only through DRMed channels.
    Last edited by shmerl; 28 January 2013, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    I don't understand. Χ3-Reunion has been already ported by LGP and now is being ported once again by Egosoft?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X