Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An RTS Game Running Internally On Linux

Phoronix: An RTS Game Running Internally On Linux

Last month I wrote how 2013 would be "the year of Linux gaming", but it turns out already in the three weeks to this year there's already been some surprise Linux game announcements thanks to Valve's Linux support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This game is awesome and I hope it will be released for Linux soon. Btw. I have a bonus Steam key I can spare for free if someone's interested. Just PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: An RTS Game Running Internally On Linux

Last month I wrote how 2013 would be "the year of Linux gaming", but it turns out already in the three weeks to this year there's already been some surprise Linux game announcements thanks to Valve's Linux support...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI4MDU
      Oh this can't get here soon enough.

Comment

What about open source RTS games?

Why phoronix never ever gave some credit to some well playable open source RTS games? Besides 0.A.D.

I never ever seen you give some credit to spring engine games like
        http://zero-k.info/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZaLLyhEgI
        http://balancedannihilation.org/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgDhid5hpI0
        seriously man make article or two they are more than worthy. And now you instead keep posting some this game gets some minor enchantments... and while other games are completely forgotten.

Comment

Go here and tell what distro and vga you use.

Comment

Nice

Thanks for those links Wolas. There are a lot of good games that run on Linux that are just plain hidden and not talked about. The Spring RTS engine is very nice and I recommend people install it and find some nice games to play. This looks pretty good but not really my thing. Linux needs a Jump Start from some company like EA to port over at least one good AAA title to get the ball rolling. Valve is gonna port over HL2, but seriously, that's old news. But HL3 available for Linux on 1st day would be spectacular and Blizzard releasing their internal WoW Linux port would be nice.

I found another MMO I have yet to play called Forgotten Elements. I downloaded the Client but haven't had a chance to try it; It's looks similar to D2. Eternal Lands is a good one also and has a PPA available. By the way, GetDeb and PlayDeb have been discontinued if you haven't heard the news. Linux game database is a good place to find games.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
              Thanks for those links Wolas. There are a lot of good games that run on Linux that are just plain hidden and not talked about. The Spring RTS engine is very nice and I recommend people install it and find some nice games to play. This looks pretty good but not really my thing. Linux needs a Jump Start from some company like EA to port over at least one good AAA title to get the ball rolling. Valve is gonna port over HL2, but seriously, that's old news. But HL3 available for Linux on 1st day would be spectacular and Blizzard releasing their internal WoW Linux port would be nice.

I found another MMO I have yet to play called Forgotten Elements. I downloaded the Client but haven't had a chance to try it; It's looks similar to D2. Eternal Lands is a good one also and has a PPA available. By the way, GetDeb and PlayDeb have been discontinued if you haven't heard the news. Linux game database is a good place to find games.
              EA? On Linux? I'd just veto them as I have for Windows. The way they treat their staff and their games.

Spring is also a great game set up with lots of options for playstyles and themes similar to this game post.

And dont forget the ages-old but still definately playable Warzone 2100!
              Hi

Comment

If this comes to Linux, oh boy. Seems like some developers do want my money!

Comment

Sorry guys, the game looks awesome, but the subject of the game is something I personally do not like as a citizen of that territory.

Comment

Two more RTS games here

One of the few instant-buy games for me, Aeon Command is a tug of war strategy space warfare game. Play as one of 3 unique factions to help gain dominance over the Aeon Nebula! ...

& a review of that one:

Comment

Working...
                    X