X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by Shahrizai View Post
    Ok, so the game will be "B2P" ... "Buy2Play", same deal as Guild Wars... Buy the game, no sub-fees :-)
    Sounds good, I'll probably give them some for their Linux efforts.

Leave a comment:

• Redi44
    replied
    Originally posted by kayosiii View Post
    Anybody want this?
    People who likes good fantasy wants this...

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    I won't call WoW a good MMORPG. It's mostly mindless grind fest and hack-n-slash. Good roleplaying environments should also encourage players to learn what Mary Sue syndrome means, but WoW doesn't seem to do it. http://www.springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm
    WoW is just a pile of sh!t lately (Panda.................), but still, I hope that they will lose against Blizzard.

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
    Made for teens? Wow was Everquest made for kids for crying out loud.
    Look at date when EQ was released (And it was a pretty bad game anyway IMHO) and when this will be released. If the vampires will be good it would be surprise of the year...

Leave a comment:

• Shahrizai
    replied
    Ok, so the game will be "B2P" ... "Buy2Play", same deal as Guild Wars... Buy the game, no sub-fees :-)

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    As a question to Mike Frett, what is it about Linux that makes you want people to use it? For many it is because of the ideals of free software that we want it to succeed, while for others it is because they prefer the Linux way of doing things. You are saying we should be making Linux more like Windows, but why would it be needed then? We have a fully functional Windows like system already, it is called Windows, and since you do not particularly care about free software I am left confused as to why you wish to promote the system in the first place. What about it do you draw value from?

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by Shahrizai View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, so posted a question to them on Kickstarter. Will let you know when I get the answer
    Thanks, let's see what they say.

Leave a comment:

• nightmarex
    replied
    Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
    No dwarfs?! Really? Why are they making FANTASY game only with boring humans, gay elfs and super-ultra-gay-for-stupid-teens-made vampires?! I'm sooo looking forward to WoW on Linux and I hope that they will crush these fools.
    Made for teens? Wow was Everquest made for kids for crying out loud.

Leave a comment:

• gigaplex
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Depends on your outlook. The vast majority of Kickstarter games that I have seen use Unity, just because it has good cross-platform support, and that's important for independent developers.
    You're confusing Unity for Unigine. They are not the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Shahrizai
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    Is it going to be subscription only, free with paid premium features, completely free or something else?
    I was wondering the same thing, so posted a question to them on Kickstarter. Will let you know when I get the answer

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Skype is also bad since it proliferates closed walled IM networks instead of federated XMPP. It's not just because it's proprietary.

Leave a comment:

• Calinou
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Frett
    Skype of course, that should be included as default for any distro, simply because they are so familiar and make people very comfortable I have found.
    This is impossible -- Skype is proprietary and not redistributable. FOSS kicks in already...

Originally posted by Mike Frett
    Also, the old hats have to let the whole "free software only" idea go away
    Do you even know what "free software" means? Software freedom and is more important than you may think. Just because it is not important to you does not mean it is not important for everybody. Also, free as in price is good.

BTW: high five for Xubuntu!
    Last edited by Calinou; 15 January 2013, 04:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X