No announcement yet.

Oceania: A New MMORPG Powered By Unigine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One exception does not disprove a general rule. After all, I am not saying these games are not being made, just that they are not the industries main focus anymore. In general it looks like people are moving away from those types of games.

Comment

Pretty graphics doesn't make a bad game good

I don't have high hopes for this. A good MMO requires a decent backstory, good gameplay etc. You can't just take a pretty engine and slap a cheap MMO on top. Oil Rush was bad enough.

Comment

I'd adventure the hell out of this game provided it isn't a complete grindfest which is why so many MMOs suck. I want to have fun exploring and fighting other players or NPC armies that require large teas of players to take on. Not smash 5 billion digital rabbits into dust to gain 1 in 100+ levels that take a minimum of a year of grinding 4-6 hours a day in the hopes that I will eventually be able to be strong enough to not instantly die against other players that have already maxed their chars.

Comment

Not sure about the "industry" - it sounds too undefined to me, and I usually don't care for "mass produced" type of games. Games with good story like the Witcher series aren't common indeed, but it's like that with everything. There is "mass production" with minimal effort, with no well thought story and etc, and there is something really well made (and well doesn't mean that one has to spend tens of millions on it by the way).

Here is a good video on the subject: https://youtube.com/watch?v=24qJXgiuO1E

And I doubt that people move away from good games specifically. Gaming was always a niche market, putting more than average demand on hardware and etc. So I don't think this market is really getting smaller.

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
          I'd adventure the hell out of this game provided it isn't a complete grindfest which is why so many MMOs suck. I want to have fun exploring and fighting other players or NPC armies that require large teas of players to take on. Not smash 5 billion digital rabbits into dust to gain 1 in 100+ levels that take a minimum of a year of grinding 4-6 hours a day in the hopes that I will eventually be able to be strong enough to not instantly die against other players that have already maxed their chars.
          Exactly. If the game will be promoting serious roleplaying instead of brainless hack-n-slash it would be good MMORPG. Otherwise it'll be another clone of MMO without the RPG part.
          Last edited by shmerl; 14 January 2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

hope thisone has a good PvP/RvR ...castle fights etc.
            PvE is boring grind for me, unless there is really good story behind it.
            PvP/RvR gives the variatation and endless ways to enjoy the game, when nicely implemented that is.

lets wait and see..graphics look great but absolutely no gameplay shown, so i dont just randomly throw my money away just yet.

Comment

nice

I really liked oilrush, nice to see them continuing the evolution of their engine.
              oilrush graphics amaze me, shame more people don't play it.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                But was I only one who thought music is uber gay?
                It does seem a little too mellow for a game involving combat. It needs to be more like Eluveitie or Finntroll.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  *snip*
                  I think you misunderstand me, when I say that the bottom has in someways fallen out of high-resource, high-graphics engines that was in no way a comment on the actual quality of the game titles themselves. I am merely observing the popularity of engines such as Unity as compared to ones like Unigine (to pick of only two examples) and the general trend away from huge graphical power and even larger hardware demands for portability and ease of development. The quality of the games made on engines targeting either niche is a completely different and separate issue.

Comment

What the frak is wrong with devs these days?!?!

No dwarfs?! Really? Why are they making FANTASY game only with boring humans, gay elfs and super-ultra-gay-for-stupid-teens-made vampires?! I'm sooo looking forward to WoW on Linux and I hope that they will crush these fools.

Comment

Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
                      No dwarfs?! Really?
                      Anybody want this?

Comment

Working...
                      X