No announcement yet.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Coming To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not just about driving around with the truck on long and boring roads.
    its also about managing ur company, hiring new drivers, upgrading/buying trucks etc.
    it sounds boring game on paper, but when u play it its actually pretty fun
    i played the demo on wine, and was really good.

cant wait when the port is released..defenetly will buy it.

Comment

I wonder what the targeted audience is but reading the thread it looks like it could really find some followers. Maybe a bit of Truck education but also economy simulation which was (is?) a popular genre in Germany. But anyway it's good to see people taking notice of Linux and porting stuff.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
        its not just about driving around with the truck on long and boring roads.
        its also about managing ur company, hiring new drivers, upgrading/buying trucks etc.
        That actually makes me more excited, because I only ever got to the driving parts and haven't tried the company management side of it, which could be interesting too.

Comment

Can't wait to have Farming Simulator ported, so i can use skillz:

Comment

The game may be great, but I can't help imagine the meeting where this idea got greenlighted.
            "Okay, now you're sitting down for this, right? Yeah. I've got this idea for a new IP. You ready? A European truck driving simula .... HEY! WAIT! HEAR ME OUT, HARV!"

Comment

This game runs good in wine too with opengl so im not surprised that they are making a linux port. but this is a damn good simulator if you have wheel and pedals

Comment

Originally posted by kertoxol View Post
                Can't wait to have Farming Simulator ported, so i can use skillz:
                Thank you good sir, thats the best laugh I've had this year.

Comment

I still play simulators from time to time like football managers or all the tycoon series. Looks interesting

Comment

I have tried the demo a couple of times, it's a well made game, runs smooth and looks beautiful. However, I only used the keyboard and while this is possible, it takes away a lot of the feeling. You really should use a steering wheel for this game. I'm happy to see it on Linux of course. It seems a lot is happening now for Linux gaming and with Win 8 being a flop I hope that Linux can take the opportunity to advance.

Comment

I have wheel and pedals for Speed Dreams, which is quite awesome racing game with 36 GP car set. Those oldies and goldies. Single player just becomes somewhat boring. While waiting for multi player Euro Truck Simularor 2 shall feed all my cruising and small business sim needs.

As a matter of fact I am so enthusiastic of Euro Truck Simulator 2 I am almost ready to buy it right now and play it by Wine.

Comment

Working...
                      X