No announcement yet.

Humble Bundle 7 Approaching Two Million Dollars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say the issues with getting Dungeon Defenders to work under stock Ubuntu 12.04 will make me reconsider ever doing a Humble Bundle again. It now "launches" for me, but I'd be hard pressed to say it "runs" (crawls maybe). There should be some compatibility checking before allowing a game to be included.

Comment

Originally posted by zim2dive View Post
      I have to say the issues with getting Dungeon Defenders to work under stock Ubuntu 12.04 will make me reconsider ever doing a Humble Bundle again. It now "launches" for me, but I'd be hard pressed to say it "runs" (crawls maybe). There should be some compatibility checking before allowing a game to be included.
      You're the first person I've seen reporting performance issues but the other bugs are pretty bad too. Ryan says there is an update on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
        You're the first person I've seen reporting performance issues but the other bugs are pretty bad too. Ryan says there is an update on the way.
        I assume there is an under-the-hood way to get FPS? I'd be happy to post.

I've got it at smallest resolution, and it feels like "a pig on iceskates".. ie. slow-ish and seems like I overshoot what I want. I3-2100 and GT440 gpu. Not top of the line, but able to handle the other linux games I've thrown at it (going to check out the Steam beta when I have the time).

Comment

Originally posted by zim2dive View Post
          I assume there is an under-the-hood way to get FPS? I'd be happy to post.

I've got it at smallest resolution, and it feels like "a pig on iceskates".. ie. slow-ish and seems like I overshoot what I want. I3-2100 and GT440 gpu. Not top of the line, but able to handle the other linux games I've thrown at it (going to check out the Steam beta when I have the time).
          I don't know but no need for that, I believe you. I only have a Radon HD4670, not exactly state of the art, but it ran fine for me at 1280x800.

Comment

Working...
          X