Humble Indie Bundle 7 Launches, New Linux Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like Shank2's archive on Linux is corrupted

At the moment of writing this the archived file provided at the download via torrents (probably direct download also, did not try it yet) for Shank2 for Linux is corrupted. There is no way I could find to extract it.

Here is a thread about this on the official Klai forums. I hope it will be fixed.

PS: Trying to download from the site, maybe that file is good.

Comment

dungeon defenders

I got the bundle just to play this, and all i get is:
      Code:
      XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
            after 149 requests (149 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
            after 18 requests (18 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
      And my system met all the requirements, what a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
        yayyyyyyyyyyy. ...purchased. going to redeem on Steam and install on ubuntu that way o.o i've got 30 steam games already :-)
        Redeem on USC is better IMHO (Updates integrated with apt-get etc.)...

Comment

Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
          Code:
          And my system met all the requirements, what a shame.
          Same problem here...

Comment

Originally posted by patkoscsaba View Post
            Same problem here...
            I own most of the bundles but since I am still waiting for fixes and updates to appear from bundles ago I am done with their absolute garbage ports. Absolutely 0 confidence in their work.

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
              I own most of the bundles but since I am still waiting for fixes and updates to appear from bundles ago I am done with their absolute garbage ports. Absolutely 0 confidence in their work.
              I've noticed that a few of the games are getting patched for Windows first, then Linux (if at all). There are also several games with updated tarballs, but no updated RPMs or DEBs.

Originally, I was just going to ask: can anyone comment on which games... if any ...are 64-bit native? I emailed HB support yesterday so I could find out before buying. No response so far. The lack of 64-bit builds is getting very irritating. My laptop is running fully 64-bit Linux with zero 32-bit libs. And it still has a hard disk. And only 8GiB of RAM. I refuse to install 32-bit support libs just to play a couple games.

If I continue to buy the HIBs, I'll be allocating funding to only the developers who didn't build with Flash (or AIR, worse), and only those whose Linux ports don't appear to be entirely half-hearted.

Comment

New dowload

Originally posted by patkoscsaba View Post
                At the moment of writing this the archived file provided at the download via torrents (probably direct download also, did not try it yet) for Shank2 for Linux is corrupted. There is no way I could find to extract it.

Here is a thread about this on the official Klai forums. I hope it will be fixed.

PS: Trying to download from the site, maybe that file is good.
                Humble Indie Bundle updated the download file today. Both the Torrent and main page download. I was able to download and extract Shank 2 but now I can not move left or right with any of my game pads the attack buttons work though.
                I sent Humble Indie Bundle an email hopefully they fix this as this is the game I bought the Bundle for.

Comment

I'm done with HB; next time i'll give them 1$ just to test the games they will send me and eventually i'll raise my offer.
                  No more "pay more than the average" for titles that won't work or has been ported so badly they can't even start.

Anybody tried the great psychonauts port? wine makes it run faster than the native version ported by icculus.
                  Ah, he was the same to port dungeon defenders; what a man.

Comment

I'm done with HB; next time i'll give them 1$ just to test the games they will send me and eventually i'll raise my offer.
                    No more "pay more than the average" for titles that won't work or has been ported so badly they can't even start.

Anybody tried the great psychonauts port? wine makes it run faster than the native version ported by icculus.
                    Ah, he was the same to port dungeon defenders; what a man.
                    Yeah the psychonauts port isn't very good. The last patch did make a lot better and I completed the game under linux. It still has many graphical glitches and the last patch came out back in August.

Comment

Code:
                      There is a very easy fix for this problem:

ln -s /bin/true /usr/bin/gnome-screensaver-command

The game assumes that GNOME-Screensaver is installed. When it's not the game crashes. See also https://bugzilla.icculus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5820 for more informations

Comment

Working...
                      X