Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaverusiv
    replied
    If I get Titan Quest and Supreme Commander I'd pay $100 for them, then I would have no reason to look enviously at my Windows disks.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    I'm not sure if it's stupid to port those THQ HB games to Linux.

Ok, THQ needed money - and quick.
    So there was obviously no way to even consider porting them to Mac/Linux in time.

Don't you think this bundle could have *easily* made more than 10 Mio $
    if there were Mac and Linux ports available?

Does anybody has an idea how much Ryan takes for porting a "big game"?
    I guess he's busy right now. But OTOH, it's said he's quite quick.

Porting those games and setting up a new Linux+Mac bundle might still pay.

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    If they're "looking into it" from a "cost / benefit ratio" then it doesn't look good. I don't see any way they could re-coup the costs of porting a prior game, unless they find a creative way of contracting the job out (no pay, profit-sharing type of deal).

But if the company survives and they make a new game, there's probably a good chance they'll have a Linux version.

We've been beaten down for a long time, but things are changing.

Leave a comment:

• Kristian Joensen
    replied
    I will just quote what I said about this elsewhere:

A pretty meaningless statement. Looking at it can mean a whole bunch of things and can can have a lot of different outcomes. Looking at it for which games? Which timeframes? How seriously are the considering it? Have they talked to any potential porters? Are they thinking of native ports or something using Winelib or the like, maybe both on a case by case basis? Lots of potential issues here. It could just be a loose thought by a couple of guys.

Leave a comment:

• directhex
    replied
    Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
    Let's remember that before the bundle THQ wasn't doing that well financially, and while the quality of their games might not be the entire reason, it surely plays a big part.
    80% of THQ's financial difficulties:

The remaining 20%:

Leave a comment:

• Nille
    replied
    Sounds like: "We are looking, how to use WINE with Steam for Linux"

Leave a comment:

• ethana2
    replied
    I bought it 'cause it was a humble bundle and I buy those.. but I sent all the money to charity. I'm not paying devs for windows development; I don't use Windows. If the games ever run well in wine though, i'll own them.

Leave a comment:

• chris200x9
    replied
    If they do this I'll definitely boost my humble bundle contribution substantially metro 2033 is my favorite game ever. I already pre-ordered last light but if they manage to get linux support by launch I'll buy it again!

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    Sounds good! What we need are reference examples that show people in the industry that porting to linux doesn't require a team of 50 people working on it for 2 months. If they see that it pays of rather quickly they won't hesitate to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Yfrwlf
    replied
    No one mentioned Supreme Commander! At least Planetary Annihilation will be for Linux though, if it is any good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X