Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisXY
    replied
    Does anyone know when it will be actually available? It was on sale today for 2? or so but it's still not available "for my platform".

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Thanks!

Without the sources, this "sophisticated wrapper" can only be WINE then, not even WINELIB.
    Well, they likely do have the source for the older version that runs on windows. They just have to wait to get the new linux source code.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by julian_fern View Post
    I'm one of the beta testers. Quoting the dev: " it'sbuilt using a sophisticated wrapper, so it is not yet a native build so to speak". They plan to make a native port once Valve release the Linux Engine source code to licensees.
    Thanks!

Without the sources, this "sophisticated wrapper" can only be WINE then, not even WINELIB.

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    That is okay I guess, although I do wonder why they did not just hold off on testing until they could actually make a fully native build?

Leave a comment:

• julian_fern
    replied
    Source?

[char limit]
    I'm one of the beta testers. Quoting the dev: " it'sbuilt using a sophisticated wrapper, so it is not yet a native build so to speak". They plan to make a native port once Valve release the Linux Engine source code to licensees.

Leave a comment:

• frign
    replied
    Source?

[char limit]
    I should have not started right away with my angered comment. Let's hope they release something natively-compiled, because WINE is just not comparable to the efforts on improving the Graphics-drivers.

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    It would be interesting see if Larabel got it wrong when he said "native Linux client", especially since he is using it as another "I WAS RIGHT!!!!" post.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotgut View Post
    They are using WINE.
    Source?

[char limit]

Leave a comment:

• Sverro2
    replied
    They are using WINE.
    Are you sure? I know that was their plan at first, but now A LOT has changed. It would be really weird... Source is native now...

Leave a comment:

• frign
    replied
    They are using WINE.
    Ok, so who stops me from using WINE directly, then?
    WINE is gorgeous, but not gorgeous enough for gaming.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X