X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChemicalBrother
    replied
    Originally posted by Laughing1 View Post
    Someone should send ihttp://www.icculus.org the news about Steam, I heard he had ported Unreal Engine 3... I think they may have been waiting for Steam to be ported over.
    He is not able to decide about Unreal Engine 3. You should address Epic Games, because they stopped the port.

Leave a comment:

• Laughing1
    replied
    Someone should send ihttp://www.icculus.org the news about Steam, I heard he had ported Unreal Engine 3... I think they may have been waiting for Steam to be ported over.
    Last edited by Laughing1; 16 November 2012, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• necro-lover
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    On the bright side, the OSS drivers are more than two times faster than the blob!
    Yes right that result really stunned me... because I always thought the radeon driver is slow...

In fact the radeon driver is awesome! and fucking fast!

Its just the unigine engine what sucks on the OpenGL side.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
    The catalyst 12.6 makes 1,x FPS with openGL and the Radeon driver in Linux makes 3fps
    On the bright side, the OSS drivers are more than two times faster than the blob!

Leave a comment:

• necro-lover
    replied
    Unigine engine is a lie!

I tested the new engine with Unigine heaven 3.0 and it turns out that the OpenGL renderer is complete broken on my hardware:

The catalyst 12.6 makes 1,x FPS with openGL and the Radeon driver in Linux makes 3fps

And directX in win7 makes 27fps!

The unigine openGL renderer is broken by design for my hardware.

Leave a comment:

• Dragnadh
    replied
    Originally posted by Cybolic View Post
    Isn't the Unreal Engine available on Linux per the Killing Floor port?
    No, Killing floor use unreal engine 2.5. This version of the unreal engine runs native on linux, but everything upwards from unreal engine 2.5 doesn't run native on linux.

Leave a comment:

• Cybolic
    replied
    Isn't the Unreal Engine available on Linux per the Killing Floor port?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Unigine Continues Improving Engine Quality

Unigine Continues Improving Engine Quality

Phoronix: Unigine Continues Improving Engine Quality

With Valve's Source Engine now on Linux, Unigine Corp finally has greater competition for the spot of the most demanding and visually impressive game engine native to Linux. At this point it really comes down to a fight between the Source Engine and Unigine Engine with id Tech 5 and Unreal Engine 3 not being natively available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X